Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct. is Breast Cancer awreness Month Ladies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the Ta Tas....Mother-in-law died of it !

?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

I am in the breast cancer run locally today.....Thanks for this reminder how important our moms, sisters, daughters..and yes men are this month....It does effect us all!!
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Thanks for this Tony - and also Rusty for doing the run - I am just four years out now!!! One more year and I am considered in remission!

Hugs, Sun xx
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

For Liz

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1385937=5710-attachment.gif[/img]
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you for the reminder Techie,

Dewdrop :h
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Did mine last week, first time for me,
            was bit strange coz I didn't know what to expect, but doesn't hurt & didn't take long, the results take about 6 weeks but I'm happy I did it..
            just have to wait, but at least it's done and recommend all gals 50's + to go do it....

Comment

Tony, thank you. I lost my best friend almost 20 years ago to BC, because then no one took it seriously, especially her 'doctor'. Her daughter is my daughter's best friend, and I stay on top of her and her health. She's done the 3 day walk, and all the local events, because it IS so close to us. And we know first-hand the terrible pain it brings to us, and can be mostly prevented with self checks and regular doc checks.
              This is SUCH a huge issue. Mammograms do not hurt. I have one yearly, and have been called back more than once for more definitive tests. Thank the powers that be, I've come out clean. But getting the information out there is crucial. And, BTW, alcoholism ups the odds of a woman having it. So, think about it, women. We have enough odds stacked agains us, don't we?

In memory of my friend, Dianne.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I work at a hospital and vow to be checked and have the females in my circle checked as well.
                Pink is my favorite color so lets celebrate pinks freedom from pain no matter the dis order.

Love~
                :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Thanks for this Tony!
                  Yes - this is in my family and has hit my circle of friends. Just had my mammogram a couple months ago. All clear.
                  Come on ladies - don't forget to get checked!!!!!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

And actually, men can get breast cancer too. (They have breast tissue in their bodies). So its not ALWAYS just a woman's problem.

Male breast cancer makes up less than 1 percent of all cases of breast cancer.

n Although breast cancer in men may develop at any age, it’s usually detected in men between the ages of 60 and 70.

n Radiation exposure, high levels of estrogen, and a family history of breast cancer can increase a man’s risk of developing breast cancer.

n Men with breast cancer usually have lumps that can be felt.

n There are four types of standard treatment for men with breast cancer: surgery, chemotherapy, hormone therapy and radiation therapy. But there are new types of treatment being tested in clinical trials.

Sources: National Cancer Institute

Read more: Breast cancer in men - Pink - BradentonHerald.com
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Like Sunni, I am a survivor....9 years out on 9/11....creepy huh??

I call a smashogram....mine have to get smashed and it hurts!! But it's worth it
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                      X