Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 months...

I got 4 months today, I'm not as exited about it as I was at 3 to tell
    the truth..but it doesn't matter sobriety is still working.

Just wanted to post this to show people that if you want it bad
    enough you can achieve it, it's not an impossibility if you really
    make your sobriety your number one priority.

I drove by a store where I used to buy my drink of choice
    the other day... and just thinking about it made me cringe
    I can't believe I used to drink so damn much... right now
    it seems totally insane to ever go back to that, like it's
    not a part of my schedule anymore or something of the
    sort.. the line 'Choose life' comes to mind from the movie
    trainspotting

I was gonna make a long post but I can't think of anything
    cool to say lol....

4 months...

Thanks for posting & letting us know that there is A WAY OUT!

xxoo
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

4 months...

Hi bugz

Thanks for posting your 4 month progress. GREAT JOB, WELL DONE

Keep reminding yourself of why you have chosen to be AF. It's easy to slip back as I found out. I can't believe I fell into the trap and starting drinking again after 60 days AF.

Starting again today
      Best wishes to you
      H
      Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

4 months...

Wow, 4 months! Nice!

Comment

4 months...

Congratulations Bugz - Four Months is Fantastic :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

4 months...

Excellent job, Bugz! I'm coming up on triple digits, and seeing other people who have done it (and longer) is more inspiring for me than any book, post, hypno-tape, or poem. So, thanks!

Speaking of hypno-tapes, your Trainspotting quote reminded me of a line from the one I listen to: "Choose life; booze, refuse." That must run through my head a dozen times a day.

xoxo Pride :goodtime:
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

4 months...

:goodjob: Congrats Bugz!!!

Comment

4 months...

Well said, and congratulations!
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

4 months...

Hi Bugz, We share the same milestone and i have to admit that the last month has been a difficult one. I guess the novelty of sobriety has worn off and I have to deal with life stone sober..It's been a struggle.
                  But even now I have no regrets and my life is a vast improvement to what it was before.

Well done. Lets do another 4! x
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                  Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

4 months...

Bugz, you DID post something cool - your success!! And yes, even after 2 months or 2 years, we are still re-learning how to live soberly. Yes, sometimes we feel a loss, but that tells us the importance we attached to the AL in our lives. I spent a long time filling mine with other habits, MWO being one of them, but when I DO spend marathon time here, I only get up with a back ache, not a black hole for the day. I'm very proud of you.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

4 months...

Four Months is Awesome!

Guy
                      Day 5 AF!
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

4 months...

rubywillow;973169 wrote: Bugz, you DID post something cool - your success!! And yes, even after 2 months or 2 years, we are still re-learning how to live soberly. Yes, sometimes we feel a loss, but that tells us the importance we attached to the AL in our lives. I spent a long time filling mine with other habits, MWO being one of them, but when I DO spend marathon time here, I only get up with a back ache, not a black hole for the day. I'm very proud of you.
                        thanks a lot :l

Comment

4 months...

rebirth;973163 wrote: Hi Bugz, We share the same milestone and i have to admit that the last month has been a difficult one. I guess the novelty of sobriety has worn off and I have to deal with life stone sober..It's been a struggle.
                          But even now I have no regrets and my life is a vast improvement to what it was before.

Well done. Lets do another 4! x
                          Yea I guess that's why they say that in AA, the pink cloud feeling doesn't last
                          forever... I find myself bored a lot my sleeping still sucks but at least I know
                          I'm getting better :l:l:l no matter what I feel sober it's better then
                          what it was like before lol..... my old life was hell

Comment

4 months...

WAY TO GO BUGZ!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

4 months...

Bugz-
                              I loved how you put it, plain and simple CHOICE
                              And you are definately chosing the right one!
                              Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X