No coffee for the month of October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There, I have done it, thrown down the gauntlet! No coffee, or caffeine for this month. By 11:00 I am completely wired!!!! Would anyone like to join me?
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Oh God, I have been threatening to do this for a LONG time.....so I presume that means no Red Bull either??

Can I have decaff coffee???
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

This is interesting and timely - I also vowed no coffee starting this morning. (I've failed already and had one cup but promised myself it would just be the one cup.)

I'm starting a detox diet today which I hope to be able to manage for the next 3 days so it's herbal tea only from here on out. (I hope.)
      Coco

Comment

Ohhh Coco, spill about the detox please....always wanted to do that too..
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I will be joining in a week or so as I am starting a detox as well at that time. We are going away and remaining AF is my # 1 priority, coffee will help me not drink while on holidays...

Comment

You know I found a book on a detox that I thought was pretty good. I am not at home but I will post the name of the book and the author latter.
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

one2many;973178 wrote: Ohhh Coco, spill about the detox please....always wanted to do that too..
              Well... you are SUPPOSED to do this diet for 7 days, including supplements and ending with some 2-hour sweat session wrapped tightly in blankets, but the diet is as much as I ever manage, and only for 2 or 3 days because it is so hellish:

You may only drink water or herbal tea (you can be really wild and have lemon in your water if you like)

Before noon all you may eat is fresh fruit

Lunch and dinner is steamed brown rice and steamed or broiled vegetables

You can add a little soy sauce. If you broil your veg you can add a little olive oil and some herbs.

That's pretty much it.

After 2 days of this I am frighteningly clearheaded. There are other things you will notice as you detox (my nose runs, for example - really attractive), but I've never stayed with it long enough to realize the full benefits...
              Coco

Comment

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

OK but I need a couple days to taper.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Okay. I already had a cup today but shall switch to ice tea (which is not coffee) immediately.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                  - Vernon Howard

Comment

I haven't had caffeine in 5 months I gave it up before I quit drinking
                    mainly because of my anxiety and my inability to fall asleep normally
                    it sucks... I miss CocaCola

Comment

I love you guys.....BUT THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY I CAN DO THIS....she says as she sips MCDonalds Sweet tea.....
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I've been worried about my coffee drinking recently - looking forward to the first, wanting a second, needing a third and fourth - it's the same old, same old! 'have one, you'll have a hundred.....' except it's coffees not glasses of wine.

I'd like to cut it back down to 1 a day but I'm a full time mum to 2 small ones, with one naughty one that keeps getting up in the middle of the night, so there's just NO WAY i could make it through the day without a large amount of caffeine.

They'll be at Uni when I finally kick this one :H
                        AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                        One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Failing at my first coffee challenge, too...

Yesterday I had one cup of coffee - drank my herbal tea while getting ready to leave for work, but once in the office I really NEEDED to be just a little more alert. So - I had one cup of black coffee.

Today I have done the same thing. However, I was drinking 2-3 cups before leaving the house in the morning and having 2 cups once I arrived at the office. If I can keep my consumption down to one cup for perhaps the week, then I may try to kick it entirely. (I did say "may.")

How did everyone else make out?
                          Coco

Comment

I'm going to start on Monday. I'm feeling really run down, fat and tired. I'm going to start a low carb, healthy diet next week and switch to decaff. I'm prepared to feel horrible for a few days next week, headaches, coffee withdrawal etc, but I know that the following week I'll start feeling great.

I'm just slipping into old 'not caring about myself' ways again.

I've just got to get through this weekend of kids parties/cakes/junk food etc....and then I will start.
                            AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                            One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

No better, no worse here. However, I refrained from buying more which was on sale. I'm hoping to stretch what I have out and when it's gone, it's over. Sounds a bit like alcohol, doesn't it?
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X