WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

I have not noticed a garlic smell....better ask hubs...
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

Saphhy, I still have a big jar of them beside my bed - just in case! Got a new respect for them - was sorting my medical receipts for last year to claim my tax back and saw how much they cost jeeeez, hope I don't need them again!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

mollyka;979144 wrote: Saphhy, I still have a big jar of them beside my bed - just in case! Got a new respect for them - was sorting my medical receipts for last year to claim my tax back and saw how much they cost jeeeez, hope I don't need them again!
        Molly
        Same here Molly,

They cost about $112.00 Aus. dollars for 30. When I was on them, I took 1/2 per day, so that works out at $1.86 per day. But in the scheme of things, I was drinking a bottle of vodka per day, every day at a cost of $46.00 aus dollars!!!!! So it was a pretty respectable trade off money wise.. I hope I dont need them again wither, but I wouldnt hesitate to get back on them is I find myself really hanging out for a drink. Strength to us
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

mollyka;979144 wrote: Saphhy, I still have a big jar of them beside my bed - just in case! Got a new respect for them - was sorting my medical receipts for last year to claim my tax back and saw how much they cost jeeeez, hope I don't need them again!
          Molly
          Same here Molly,

They cost about $112.00 Aus. dollars for 30. When I was on them, I took 1/2 per day, so that works out at $1.86 per day. But in the scheme of things, I was drinking a bottle of vodka per day, every day at a cost of $46.00 aus dollars!!!!! So it was a pretty respectable trade off money wise.. I hope I dont need them again r, but I wouldnt hesitate to get back on them is I find myself really hanging out for a drink. Strength to us, Saffy
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

You're dead right Saffy! I sometimes wonder at the price of drugs tho - somebody is making so much money. I can understand a new drug - development costs etc but crikey, some of these drugs that cost a fortune have been around since forever - it's like toll-bridges!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

WOOHOO! I got Antabuse!!

mollyka;979640 wrote: You're dead right Saffy! I sometimes wonder at the price of drugs tho - somebody is making so much money. I can understand a new drug - development costs etc but crikey, some of these drugs that cost a fortune have been around since forever - it's like toll-bridges!
              Molly
              Yep the pharmaceutical machine is a wealthy one for sure. Maybe thats why their arent more studies being done on alternate uses for baclofen and Topomax, because they are already available and no-one really will profit from the double blind clinical studies that proves them up for use in managing addiction.

Comment

Working...
              X