6 months AF and NF for Tippylou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A heartfelt thanks to all my friends at MWO. YOU have supported me and made it possible for me to reach this goal. It means so much to me that y'all are in my life, both online and in real life.

A friend from MWO asked if it was my birthday and I said no, but I got to thinking about it, and it really is a birthday of sorts. If it wasn't for this "birthday" I would likely not have had many more real birthdays. Those real birthdays, after all, come around without any effort on our parts. All we have to do is survive another year and chalk another birthday off. This half-birthday however, has taken effort on my part and quite a bit of effort on all of your parts, my friends. The support, friendship and love that you have shown me means more to me than you will ever know. Six short (and sometimes excruciatingly long) months ago I was drinking everything I could, and smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. Today I am proud to say that I am free from both of them. So, I guess this may be the "real" half birthday after all.

All my love to you, my MWO family,

Catherine

Wow, just Wow, friend. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Tippylou, that is fantastic - congratulations on 6 months free!! It's so true isn't it - it's a freedom. I hope you really enjoy your achievement today and into the future, you should be so, so proud of yourself :l
      AF since 13th July 2010
      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Cogratulations, Tippylou! HUGE accomplishment. xoxo Pride
        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

WTG! That is wonderful!

Comment

Brillllllllliant, Tippylou:l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

FABULOUS!!! You are ROCKIN IT!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Way to go Tippylou - what an inspiration to us all :yay::yay::yay:
                Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Tippylou you are awesome to have achieved this double goal! You are a star and an inspiration
                  :yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

You also got me thinking.... And I love the thought of my "other" birthday, it was the beginning of a brand new life and deserves that accolade...
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

WELL DONE TIPPYLOU GREAT STUFF :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:goodjob::wave::bananacomputer::groupluv: Tippy, you're Queen For The Day tonight on chat! :wd:
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS TIPPY!!! This really is a huge accomplishment!! You have worked so hard for this and it is truly a privaleg and a joy to be traveling along this fabulous journey with you!!

Wishing you even more success and happinessin the future!

XXKate
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Congratulations Tippy!!!! That is amazing!!! I am so inspired because I am 45 days AF and 5 days NF. I feel so much better and I love to hear that in 6 months it is still possible to maintain this!!! Good for you and happy 1/2 birthday of the new you!!!

Comment

Congratulation's Tippy Lou! Keep it going!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

6 months is way awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
                              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                              X