Sometimes, When You Least Expect It, A Good Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes scary stuff works out for the best. I met my former boss about going back to work part time, and suddenly I'm employed full-time again. I'll be working for peanuts, but peanuts don't grow on trees . . . ur, well, maybe they do.

But anyway, I will have health insurance fully paid, so that will save the $400 per month that it's costing me to be covered (and that money buys crappy insurance anyway). The job is only through August 2011, but that's a little breathing room anyway, and you never know what might happen. I was really worried that it would come down to either filing bankruptcy, or losing our house, or both. This economy stinks! But I think we'll be okay for a while anyway.

And my PCP was very interested in the idea of using baclofen to treat alcohol abuse, and she wrote me a prescription today. She wants to track my progress and share what happens with the other doctors at the clinic, so she must be hoping as much as I am that it does what they say it can do.

So, it was good day.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

So glad to hear your good news!!!:h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Top, that is FABULOUS! Look at it ALL as a plus. :huggy:
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

TTT - that sounds like a pretty fantastic day! I'm really pleased for you....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

That's great Topsy.

Comment

Great stuff Tracy. See how the universe work's? ....;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

TTT..yay!!!
              it seems good things are happeniing to a few of us.....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good for you Topsy! Go out and play the lottery now,- sounds like you've got luck on your side-!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wonderful topsy!! Keep your heart and eyes open!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

A lot of my friends here, as well as myself, were struggling with different things in September, and it looked so desperate for some. In just the last few days, week, things have begun to turn around for many. Are the bad times over?? No. They will come again, as certain as we wake up each day. But it also reinforces the FACT that the only way we can fail is to give up trying. Sometimes it takes a complete change from our 'comfort zone' to find our path.
                    I was a naiive optimist when I was very young. Then I drank, and became a pessimist, which I HATED. Now I am a guardedly experienced optimist. But always an optimist. Keep your eyes on what you want, sweetie. This will let you breathe while you think. :hug:
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Isn't it amazing how things work out? I honestly believe we are never given more than we can handle.
                      :l
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone. I love the warmth and acceptance that I feel here. Don't know what else to say, but thanks again.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                        - Vernon Howard

Comment

Top, just give as much as you take, when you are comfortable, OK? :huggy
                          sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;975783 wrote: In just the last few days, week, things have begun to turn around for many. Are the bad times over?? No. They will come again, as certain as we wake up each day.
                            One certainty that I have learned in my life is that nothing stays the same. I, like a lot of others, have been overwhelmed with joy and love and it has gone, and I have also been deeply, desperately unhappy and that too has passed.
                            Most of us spend most of our time clinging on to the good and pushing away the bad, but they are just sides of the same coin being flipped through the air and whichever side we have to face one day will be gone the next.
                            I'm trying to treat each day with equanimity; trusting neither in the lures of success and joy or the fears of failure and pain. They came and they go and I have another chance to smile tomorrow.

:l

Comment

Pop, you have certainly learned. Too bad it comes with older bodies, isn't it? :H
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X