Army thread - Sun Oct 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say--just thinking about going on a date without "a few glasses" of wine seems impossible. I'd be a nervous wreck. So I know I'm not ready. What about going out in a group next time or to see a band? Maybe that would take off some of the stress of being just one on one and having to keep the conversation going all evening? At least until you feel a bit more comfortable together?

Comment

Morning KTAB-x post

Comment

KTAB how's it all going? Are your digs ok?
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

morning expat & KT..:l

Comment

Chillgirl;978195 wrote: I have to say I found the whole think incredibly nerve wracking, if I could have just has a couple of wines I would have been more relaxed and able to show him I liked him, instead I probably came across too uptight and aloof... I will just stick to my dog too for now!
            but why do you think a couple of glasses would've made you a better date..?? or more at ease..you don't need booze to be a better person..
            quiet the opposite chill..

Comment

ladyjan;978202 wrote: but why do you think a couple of glasses would've made you a better date..?? or more at ease..you don't need booze to be a better person..
              quiet the opposite chill..
              It wouldn't Jan but I would have been more relaxed and open.... I found it so hard, I was really self conscious :upset:
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Expat & Chilli, well I have nicknamed my room 'the cell' due to its 'compact size' but it is cheap, clean and very central, which is what I need at the moment. Housemates woke me with loud music around midnight for an hour last night but I did go to bed early and it was sat night. Also they might not have known I was here ever seeing as I only met one of them. So buying some earplugs is on the agenda today. Chilli sorry your date didnt leave you as clear as it could in regard to the future but if he is a nice guy the last thing he would want is to appear too forward imo. Also chances are he didnt even hear your text come in and wont see it till later.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks KTAB I'm hoping that's the case and that I may hear from him today.

Sorry about "the cell" and the loud music, shit that would dement me! Are they a young bunch? As you say hopefully it was just because it was Saturday. What you going to do today apart from buy earplugs?
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Glasses of wine tut tut, that wouldnt make you more relaxed that would make you a different person. Easy for me to say but just chill, chilli. If he got the message and he is interested he will be in touch, if he isnt then nothing you do will make a difference. My money is on the former, based on the rooftops comment plus I know what a lovely person you are and if he cant see that its his loss. Now my day will start with my usual brekkie but not too early as I dont want to wake everyone and get off on the wrong foot. I will try and rearrange the three pieces of furniture in here and unpack my clothes. Its raining but I am going for a long walk later and maybe treat myself to a nice lunch out. Back after and meet the natives, then maybe read for a bit, come on here and an early night I guess.
                    Hi Jan :wavin:

Comment

hi guys!
                      Chilli firstly well bloody done girl! And secondly from what youve said it sounds like the date went perfectly. Just like we dont like to look "too keen / desperate netither do blokes. So I will bet my last few choccies that he will text or call you later.

KTAB are you working away? Thats a good thing right? Although difficult I would imagine
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

OK--off to get some things done. Yesterday was not a very productive day. We are going to the Versailles open air market this morning. They have the most incredible fruits, veg, cheeses etc. The colours, smells and ambiance of the market are incredible. Really beautiful. Always puts me in a good mood. Have a great Sunday all. laters-expat

Comment

Have fun expat! Sounds lovely
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Starty, jeeze will you wash those kacks some time soon. Yes I secured some onsite work but its a couple of hundred miles away so digs for the week and coming home weekends. Expat I would just love to be going to that market with you today, can you hang on while I check out flights?

Comment

The French can be annoying-but they DO know how to eat!! later

Comment

Hi Starts :l and thanks you guys, I really felt he liked me so im hoping he was just unsure how i felt, i have been known for being too aloof, if he texts me I will make sure im a bit more forthcoming, he was such a nice guy :h

Expat the market sounds devine I can almost smell the cheese....

KTAB I hope your room aint too gloomy, I know blokes dont bother about that as much but your environment is so important too your wellbeing.

Im off to walk my pooch
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X