Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

It?s been decided. On October 20th, 2010, we will wear purple in honor of the 6 gay boys who committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes at at their schools. Purple represents Spirit on the LGBT flag and that?s exactly what we?d like all of you to have with you: spirit. Please know that times will get better and that you will meet people who will love you and respect you for who you are, no matter your sexuality. Please wear purple on October 20th. Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and schools.

.................................................. ...............................
    This is a matter close to my heart. I have family & friends who are gay. I love them and do not see them as any different as anyone else. I am going to wear purple on Wednesday to honor these boys. Please join me.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

consider it done...I love Purple!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

I honestly do not have one item of purple clothing. I'll go out and scrounge something up, though!

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Nora, it would be good to put this out on facebook too.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Thanks Ruby - I will.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Nora - THANK YOU for starting this thread and creating an awareness of this horrific issue. I will definitely be wearing purple on October 20!
            John
            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Absolutely! Consider it done.....I will put a reminder in my phone right now so's not to forget.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Absolutely, I have some gorgeous purple heels, now I have a reason to wear them!!!!
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Marked on the calendar,Nora, darling.:l
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

I shall have to find something purple!!!!

love, Sun xx
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Since I wear red and purple every day, shouldn't be too hard.
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

I think a swan with purple feathers will look just cool :yay:

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Me too, swanny!

sigpic

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

Thank you Nora!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oct. 20 - Spirit Day

I am even thinking about having a small pink hair extension put in for breast cancer month.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X