Army Thread 12th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th October

What is minimum wage in the States? Here in France it's called the SMIC. It's about 1100 euros or so a month. You CAN NOT live on that in the Paris area.

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Good Lord! In one of those Michael Moore films (I think it was Bowling for Columbine-that movie scared the shite out of me!) they said a single mother would have to work 80 hours per week (on minimum wage)just to SURVIVE with two kids. Not trying to bash the States though. Things are difficult everywhere.

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

ladyjan;979932 wrote: I guess that's a private school as you don't speak portuguese, that's disgusting it's actually illegal, well below the minimum wage for those hours...shit..!
        mind you I can't really imagine you on a bus load of 5yr olds early in the morning...:H
        so prob wasn't for you anyway..have you looked for any other type of work?? what sort of work do you like to do?
        Yes was a private school and Jan boy do you know me well :H 24 5 years olds is my idea of hell, id rather go to the dentist and have my teeth extracted.

JC id much rather work as a cleaner and could earn the same money for much less hours than the school wanted.

Anyway im still working on an idea to write promotional brouchures and web text for companies which would be perfect as I could do it from home.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Sowwy had to bugger orff for a bit as the son and heir's girlfriend turned up.

I'm seeing a pal later in the week who's working as a social carer. The difference between that and an ordinary carer is that she doesn't do.....how can I put it politely.......bathroom duties. She takes them shopping, makes sure they take their meds etc more of a befriender. Mind it's a long way from when we were both chief cashiers in a bank......sigh
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Zenstyle;980074 wrote: Still though, we need to remember that we have a lot more than third world countries... they think we're wealthy.
            Yes, we do!!!

1 Euro = about R9.00

The minimum wage in SA (for farm workers and domestic workers - labourers and cleaners) is about R1200 p.m. or 134 Euro.

I guess that's what they mean by relative living costs. And living standards, of course.

Anyways... before I start rambling...

Chill: no matter which way they slice it, it was a cr@p offer - you're worth way more than that.

That's it from me folks, I'll see you on the morrow. G'nite
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Troopers!!!

Just popping in for a quick

and thought I'd throw in a couple of PB pics to add some colour.
              I'm between visits from friends and our nightly stroll along the boardwalk. Well, not exactly - up the little country road is more like it. Yesterday morning we saw a hawk sitting on a telephone wire searching for prey. Don't ya just love that kind of thing.

Haven't had the chance to read back over the posts so hope you're all having a lovely evening/afternoon.inkele:

Hopefully will catch up with things again tomorrow. Take care all....
              Stirly:h

P.S. Mr. Stirly is feeling stronger today and thus a little less cranky....
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

That was quick the pair of you.

Hiya and Biya Tips and Stirls
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Chillgirl;980084 wrote: Yes was a private school and Jan boy do you know me well :H 24 5 years olds is my idea of hell, id rather go to the dentist and have my teeth extracted.

JC id much rather work as a cleaner and could earn the same money for much less hours than the school wanted.

Anyway im still working on an idea to write promotional brouchures and web text for companies which would be perfect as I could do it from home.
                  well at least it was only a phone call so it was just a little bit of time wasted..
                  did you manage to get the problem with your mortgage sorted out..?? I can imagine that must be very worrying espescially if you haven't found a job yet.

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Hi Guys,

Still in bits here with my back,hope it gets better by 2moro. it is so dibilitating.

Stirly, I am so glad Mr Stirly is feeling a bit better......I live with a crankyhole, I feel your pain .
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Sorry x posted Janners.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

one2many;980126 wrote: Hi Guys,

...I live with a crankyhole, I feel your pain .
                        :H:H:H
                        You have a fantastic way with words.

How did you manage to hurt yer back?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

I have NO idea.....I went to bed and woke up like this..took me 20 mins to get up.

Maybe from dancing on Sat night??

Maybe from carrying groceries?

Maybe from no sex??

Maybe I slept weird?

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

HELLO ONEY.....:h
                            missed you...are you sure wob didn't jump you in the night without you noticing and put ya back out...!!!!!:H:H

joking apart it's a bitch when your back or neck hurts affects everything you do....

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

Prolly the dancing. I like sober dancing. Mr JC can't sober dance.

Mind I've had a sore shoulder for days and cannot fathom out how I've done it unless it's cos I've been knitting to much.
                              I can't wave me hands over me head or lie on me right side
                              It might be lying in bed wrong cos we're both squished into one position as Black Bess lies full stretch between us these days.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th October

one2many;980132 wrote: I have NO idea.....I went to bed and woke up like this..took me 20 mins to get up.

Maybe from dancing on Sat night??

Maybe from carrying groceries?

Maybe from no sex??

Maybe I slept weird?
                                Maybe you were having sex in your sleep again????

Hiya lovelies, I've just got back from a very long Health & Safety meeting with our biggest customer, and I'm shattered so if I disappear I've fallen to sleep ............ xxx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X