Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend

So last Saturday I was supposed to go to a co-workers wedding. I knew there would be a lot of alcohol, as my boss and other co-workers were excited to get "wasted". I was planning on going (and not drinking, of course), but as the time drew nearer, I just couldn't bring myself to go. I claimed to be sick and stayed home with a good book instead. I guess I just don't find middle-aged women dancing on chairs as amusing as it used to be. Go figure.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Weekend

K9,

Good for you. You had a much better time , I am sure and plus, you felt good the next day ! I find my opinion of the people drinking at my boyfriends bar has sure changed. They use to be cool and funny, now they are sloppy and stupid... just the way i was when i was drinking.
    Funny how a clear head can make you see things differently, huh? We are actually acting like responsible adults instead of stupid unsupervised teens...lol
    YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Comment

Weekend

I know there's a chicken dance joke somewhere to be had, but I just can't come up with it.....:goodjob:
      Symbols!

Comment

Weekend

Good for you! Unless there's a reason you WANT or NEED to be somewhere, you don't want or need to be there. Nuff said. :huggy
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Weekend

Parties

K9 - I too declined to go to a party last Saturday -- just having to save myself for now. Funny, I couldn't care less about going to any parties.............Like Bratty - been there done that.....

Comment

Weekend

Good for you K9 :goodjob: put yourself and your sobriety first, it's not worth risking what you have achieved for a social night out - even a wedding. Once you are stronger you can tackle this but at the moment go with your instincts. Way to go girl :l

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Weekend

Yea, our first preference is recovery.

If we live we can laugh...
              no worry about party,you have done good for you.please do not hurt your sobriety.
              With strength,
              Kota
              If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

Comment

Weekend

Good for you K9. When I was drinking I didn't have the confidence to say or do anything off my own bat - I just pretty much did what I was told by everyone cos I didn't trust my judgement. You made a sober judgement - AND DOESN'T IT FEEL GREAT!!!!
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Weekend

Good for you K9, funny what seems not to be so attractive when we are sober

Comment

Weekend

Yeah, middle age women gone wild = not a real good look. Too funny.

Comment

Weekend

Bravo, K9! Funny how drunk people are not nearly so entertaining when your're not drinking.

I'm curious about the book though. What are you reading?

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                      - Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
                      X