The Hijacked Brain - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hijacked Brain - HBO

Many of you may already have seen this but I think it's a good summary of addiction and photo of PET Scan brain images showing dopamine receptor changes in an addicted/nonaddicted brain.

HBO: Addiction: Understanding Addiction: Addiction and the Brain's Pleasure Pathway: Beyond Willpower

The Hijacked Brain - HBO

Thanks Choochie for the link. It still fascinates me the science behind addiction. I think it is important for people to be aware of this and to teach young people why it's important to stay away from alcohol, etc while their brain is still developing.

You're doing great! Keep it up!:goodjob:
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

The Hijacked Brain - HBO

But the giant AL producers still hold SO much power in the US government, and the lobbyists don't let them forget it.
      Thanks, too, for the link.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Hijacked Brain - HBO

Thanks LVT - I too find the brain chemistry part of addiction fascinating -- that our brains actually get rewired. I think one of the videos on the link likens it to your brain telling you that you're starving -- that it's as powerful as needing food!

I think about all of these young kids who are a lot crazier than I was ( and I was pretty wild)............bet we'll be seeing addiction that makes this generation pale in comparison!

Ruby - so true. Wonder why the advertising for cigarettes is so much more controlled than alcohol?!

Comment

Working...
        X