Quick check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick check-in

Again, thank you all for your concern and support - RC, thank you for putting up with my incoherent rantings this past Saturday.

Yes, I did fall into the bottle. Oddly enough, it wasn't THAT much - but boy, it sure did me in. However, this is day 3 and although I had a number of should-I-shouldn't-I thoughts and passed 2 liquor stores this afternoon. I'm happy to say that I sailed past the thoughts and stores and am now preparing to make a pot of tea.

This past week has just been a haze. As if dealing with a suicide isn't enough, the events that are still unfolding are just bizarre and incomprehensible. This isn't my family; this is some sort of ABC true crime special on TV.

Anywho, I have somewhat resumed eating today and am slowly working my way out of this strange state of paralysis that I've been in. So, again - thank you all so much.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Quick check-in

Hang in there G. It should get easier with time. Thinking of you.:l
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Quick check-in

Not sure what to say except that you know we are here and AL is not a friend. I pray for peace for you and your family.

Comment

Quick check-in

:l:l:l:l to you gg!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quick check-in

Be kind to yourself sunnybutt. :l You know AL makes anyting worse.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Quick check-in

You know you are more than welcome Sun - you have my number - call if you need/want to. Hang in there, this will take time for your mind to process and work through. We are all here for you. Hugs and loving thoughts coming your way, take care of yourself,

love, Sun xx
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Quick check-in

Hey Sunni - I've been thinking about you a lot. :h I wish that I could just be there & give you a great big hug and hold you. Hang on friend. You are loved. Keep coming back here and get the love & support here. :l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Quick check-in

Sunnibutt, death does something strange to us.
                Glad you are finding your way out of the Abyss.
                So very sorry for your loss xxx
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Quick check-in

"Sunnibutt, death does something strange to us"

Something of an understatement, surely!

Comment

Quick check-in

Sending you strength from over the pond Sunny, thinking of you.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Quick check-in

Me too....

Comment

Quick check-in

me also sunny we're all here for you when you need us, as in like right now....
                        keep suppin' the tea.. :goodjob: :h

Comment

Quick check-in

I have been thinking about you a lot Sunni, suicide is a terrifying thing to happen in a family. My 16 yr old nephew comitted suicide some years ago, and like you say, it is the bewildering and utterly 'foreign' facts that emerge afterwards that just seem like mad stuff. Be brave my girl - good you're back eating, it's a rotten time you are in - I needn't mention that the bottle doesn't help?
                          Molly:l
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Quick check-in

Sunshine - families are so complicated, aren't they?! Just wishing you the best.

Comment

Quick check-in

Sunny thinking of you too. I tried to commit suicide a few times in my late teens, I didn't once think of what it would do to my family. I also didn't realize how unimportant some things will seem decades down the road. xxxxoooo

Comment

Working...
                              X