Really Creepy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Creepy!

Ok, for those of you who know... our 'cowgal' committed suicide in May.

Well I keep getting emails from a From:

Mary Anne Taylor

Really Creepy!

I would say that it sounds like a spammer. But you would have to have have your email visible (and that's always a bad idea on a public forum), for that to happen. Otherwise, I don't know. you might want to forward an email to admin here. You definitely will want to immediately delete anything in your post above that reveals another member's email address - that's REALLY important.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

Comment

Really Creepy!

Hi, I actually don't have my email on here. This is on my personal email! Which is why it is freakin' creepy!!

Comment

Really Creepy!

that is insane!!! I would e-mail Codemonkey and see if he has any answers .
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Really Creepy!

AC, there's a virus going around Yahoo! that highjacks people's contact lists and spams from them. The only way to stop the spamming is for the owner of the email address to delete all his or her contacts. The other poster is in the list of recipients because Cowgal probably had that name in her contacts, too.

I imagine members of her family or other friends are getting the same spam, so hopefully someone close to her can call and have the account cancelled (or if they want to keep her emails, at least delete all the contacts).

Pride
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Really Creepy!

But, accountable, please delete the email addresses in your post! Unless you had permission to publicly post someone else's email address?

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

Really Creepy!

Makes sense, Pride. Thanks. IT has been really freakin' creepy!

Comment

Really Creepy!

Topsy, I deleted it. The other email belongs hypothetically to a person who is no longer living. And I don't care if it is publicly displayed as whom ever is spamming - is insane and not all there.

Comment

Really Creepy!

Oops, my bad. Thanks for setting me straight, Accountable.

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

Really Creepy!

I've gotten them, and so has Proparty. As 2 people who were really close to her, it's both creepy and hurtful. I know he and I still think of her all the time, and this was just ghastly to get the e-mails. MA had a huge list of friends, so if the rest of you haven't gotten one of these things, you probably will.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Really Creepy!

I just opened my inbox and one was waiting for me.

Comment

Really Creepy!

Glad you put this out there AFM. I didn't think it would get this widespread. I'll try to contact Zac, her son.
                        Rubes
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Really Creepy!

Yes, I'm getting them too. I'm sure it's spam as I've gotten e-mails from other friends trying to sell stuff that I know is not from them. I guess I should delete her address from my contacts and then at least they may go in the spam box.
                          You're right, it is creepy. :l:l
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Really Creepy!

wow i wasnt aware of her passing i thot she was doin better,didnt xpect this today,i beleive i got those emails to gyco

Comment

Really Creepy!

I know that Britt got those emails aswell because she asked me if I did...
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X