Drinking mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking mate

my hubs drinks, but not in the house. At first it was hard for me, but someone here told me I am doing this FOR Me and screw what he does....easier said than done, I knowe!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Drinking mate

Oh my goodness.
      There are so many of us out there.
      I've never been to a AA meeting but this must be what it feels like to have support and understanding.
      It's been a few good days here but beer and "whine" time is fast approaching.
      I've been working in my flower garden this afternoon and gulped down a lot of water.
      That's it!! I'm not going up to the porch where he sits every afternoon...
      I'll pop back in several times.
      xoxox to all of you who shared.
      Shas it's great to hear from you! Hope your surgery goes well.
      I think we all can understand the needing time away!
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Drinking mate

He just showed up here where I am with beer in hand! Yuck! Not going there!

Comment

Drinking mate

Hey Belle, can you go for a walk or take a drive for awhile?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Drinking mate

I AM heading out to MY porch! xoxo RC

Comment

Drinking mate

Good girl Belle. Sending you much strength. xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Drinking mate

I had to end a ten years relationship due to my partners drinking. He drinks daily, not to the drunk stage every time, but on the weekends quite heavily. When we were together, on the one hand he wanted to help me with my problem and see me happy and sober, but there was also a part of him that didnt like the sober me. When I am sober, I am happy, confident and very independent. It was this confidence and independence that he was uncomfortable with and he would play the mind games, push my buttons, get me upset and the inevitable would happen...I would pick up again, get very ill and dependent and he would be in control. A very unhealthy realtionship that Ijust had to find the courage to break free. I have and now find staying sober infinitely easier.
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Drinking mate

Made it through....one more day! ;o)

Comment

Drinking mate

Good for you, Belle!
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Drinking mate

This is a good thread, actually, because we can all relate to it- good for you, Belle for keeping the strength-by the way- my husband is still not drinking...
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Drinking mate

sapphire1;982497 wrote: I had to end a ten years relationship due to my partners drinking. He drinks daily, not to the drunk stage every time, but on the weekends quite heavily. When we were together, on the one hand he wanted to help me with my problem and see me happy and sober, but there was also a part of him that didnt like the sober me. When I am sober, I am happy, confident and very independent. It was this confidence and independence that he was uncomfortable with and he would play the mind games, push my buttons, get me upset and the inevitable would happen...I would pick up again, get very ill and dependent and he would be in control. A very unhealthy realtionship that Ijust had to find the courage to break free. I have and now find staying sober infinitely easier.
                        You could be describing me Sapphire:l

Comment

Drinking mate

Well done Belle, you have been in my thoughts xx

Comment

Drinking mate

Thanks...........It's been a long week end! Made it though! Hope all is well with all of you........
                            xoxox Belle

Comment

Working...
                            X