Ive done 4 days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive done 4 days AF

Hi. I have not had a drink since Sunday...4 clear days. At my most difficult time...4pm til about 7pm..I have made myself really busy and active. Its been fantastic waking up in the morning and remembering that i didnt drink the day before. Ive written down my pros and cons of drinking. I have 1 pro and 15 cons....what does that say! Anyway, its not been too hard this week but im a bit scared thinking of the looming weekend...ah well, stay srong everyone and remember how clearer, happier life can be without alcohol. Ive been cheery all week for a change...Have a good weekend. Bella XXXX

Ive done 4 days AF

Hi Bella,
    Bloody well done
    That's really great and I'm so pleased for you.
    The best advice I can offer is to keep yourself as busy as you can over the weekend and try and make it something you enjoy; even something new that you haven't done before. There's so much fun to be had without resorting to AL

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

welldone..i hope you get through the weekend ok..i am sure you will ..

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Thats DEADLY Bella.....keep it up, you are like a different person...
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Hi Bella, well done not drinking since sunday, I'm at about the same stage as you, I hav'nt had a drink since sat, it does feel so much better without the al does'nt it, i've been keeping myself busy gardening mostly for the last couple of days, were in for more rain rain over the weekend,{I'm in Australia}, so I'm already planning to do some sewing, it helps me if I keep myself busy with things I enjoy, hope you have a great weekend, and all the very best to you Lilly x

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Bravo Bella! Keep it going! x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

day 3 for me, the weekend is going to be so tough, a little voice keeps telling me to reward my self with a couple of glasses as I have done so well, wish it would shut up, still waking up with a headache tho , really annoying, kind of think I might as well drink then if I feel like this anyway.

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

congrats ...PM
                I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Blimey, is that the same Bella who sounded so miserable last week?

You sound like a different person! Good job, kid!

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

That is awesome news Bella! I love your strategy of planning lots of activity during your most witching hours. If the weekend is one big witching hour, then plan lots of fun stuff to do that doesn't involve AL. You can do it! I love the upbeat sound of your post.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

That's the way to do it, Bella! :l
                      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Congrats, Bella. Hope you have a lovely AF weekend.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                        - Vernon Howard

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Well done Bella and Twitch,:l
                          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

That's such fantastic news Bella, you sound like a new person!
                            You should be very proud of what you have achieved and hold onto it for all your worth.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Ive done 4 days AF

Way to go, Bella! Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X