Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

I am brand spanking new here and neither chat option works for me. The "open in a new window option" opens and says "Search Engine Optimization". The forum chat only renders the bottom fourth of the page (I am guessing). All I really see is the "start typing here" area. What am I failing to grok here? I feel like a true newbie! Thanks.

I took a screen shot: http://imgur.com/75crD.png

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Cranky Pants;983085 wrote: I am brand spanking new here and neither chat option works for me. The "open in a new window option" opens and says "Search Engine Optimization". The forum chat only renders the bottom fourth of the page (I am guessing). All I really see is the "start typing here" area. What am I failing to grok here? I feel like a true newbie! Thanks.

you need to download javascript.

Download Free Java Software

make sure you select the download for MAC OS
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

I have Java. Strange. Maybe I need to update. I will check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

ok I looked on the site it indicates that apple pre-loads java in there image. there is a link on the java site that will help identify if you have current updated version. let me know!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

My Java is up to date and is not disabled. I also have adblock off if that matters. Hrm.

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

I edited my first post to show a screen shot in case that helps.

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Gee I'm on a PC right now. I have never tried to access chat via Mac. Let me check something quick and I'll post back in a few minutes!

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Cool. No hurry!

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Hi Cranky P and welcome. Mac OSX 10.5 user myself and still have problems getting into chat. What seems to work best for me is to choose the option of launch in a new pop up window. Occasionally if it takes more than about 30 seconds I am as well relaunching cause it is going nowhere. Make sure you have pop up windows not blocked in your browser preferences. Failing that why not start a topic in the 'just starting out' section and introduce yourself. This is a great community of caring people who honestly understand and genuinely want to help each other, no judgements.
                  Keep safe
                  KTAB
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

I sent a text to a buddy of mine. He is on his way home. He is a Mac OSX user and will try and access chat on a like type forum!

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Ok sorry I see Ktab may have a clue. Thanks Tabbers!

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Pop-ups are off and this what I see: http://imgur.com/Z1gNC.png

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

Yep I have had that too, have you tried a different browser?

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

And many thanks for the quick responses!

Comment

Cannot use chat? Mac OSX

You are very welcome.
                              Hi techie, I am falling asleep here and really need to go to bed.
                              Maybe just posting here might be an option for you if chat isnt working just now, frustrating as that surely is Cranky P.

Comment

Working...
                              X