Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again!

I probably shouldn't be posting this, but have to get it off my chest. Let me start by saying I love my husband, but I do believe I am getting sick of him. He was away for a while and during that time it was sort of nice, not having someone complain everyday about something I did not do right or did not do. I do have to say he does the cooking in this household and puts my youngest to bed at night, I do the rest, clean house, bills, laundry, homework with the kids, anything else that goes on around here. I do apreciate what he does, I just wish he would do the same. I know he must complain about me to my son's football coaches because their wives will hardly even look at me, grow up!! I am just getting sick of feeling as though I can never do anything good enough for him. He yells a lot to, it was nice not having that all week. Makes me feel guilty about saying things like this about him because I do love him, just wish I could like him again. I think when I quit drinking is when it started to really bother me, before I would just grab a drink and ignore it. So I just have to find a way to not let it bother me because there is NO WAY will I ever go back to drinking. I think he feels the same about me latley, what is one to do?

Off the subject just wanted to say thank you all for your caring words regarding having to put my dog down Monday, she will be missed, but I know she is no longer in pain and probably having the time of her life right now in doggy heaven.

Twosox

Here we go again!

Twosox,
    I can definately relate to your feelings, I too have the same issue with my husband.
    He's always had quite the temper(likes to yell alot- nothing physical).
    And I too, would just stay nice and numb for years to deal with it. Well, I've been sober for over 3months now and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I'm really starting to build up some resentment.
    And when I bring this up to him- he dismisses it like "whatever" it's not a big issue.BUT IT REALLY IS!
    I'm super Frustated at this point.
    Now I know I am far from being a Perfect Wife, But Damn, I'm getting to the point when I am happier
    when he's asleep or just not around- and what kind of marriage is that?

Comment

Here we go again!

It is very hard when we stop drinking. Things that we usually numbed ourselves with booze about, are still there. My hubby is usually a very easy going guy, so I can't relate to the hollaring thing, but when Joe gets in certain moods he get terse with me and closes up. Frankly, sometimes I'd rather he were hollaring, at least he'd be communicating with me.

I guess we have to make some important decisions. If we are going to by AF what can we live with and what can we do to make things livable. I know with my ex-hubby it was counseling that helped me make some decisions. Take care :l

Comment

Working...
      X