Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween and Basil Gold

Hi there! Two questions:

I know Halloween originated in Europe. In South Africa (an ex-British colony), we don't celebrate it at all. I wanted to know if it is a big thing in the UK? Ot is it mainly the US nowadays?

And, I listened to a talk by Basil Gold, he is quite big in the US I hear, his book is called The Cure. Does anybody know about him, or his philosophies? The book was previously known as Not on the Evening News or something. Maybe I should ask this on the Holistic Healing thread...

Thank you!

S xxx

Halloween and Basil Gold

Its a huge commercial occaision here in Ireland,But i remember (showing me age) when it was just ,fruit,nuts & bonfires with fireworks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Halloween and Basil Gold

I looooove Halloween! Yes it is celebrated in the UK, although possibly a bit less than it was.

When I was a kid (am now 30), all the kids dressed in scary costumes, had parties and did things like Trick Or Treat, Apple bobbing, Pumpkin carving etc. The day after all the streets were littered with strands of multicouloured Silly String

I think because of 'stranger danger' Trick or Treat may have become less popular (I was never allowed to do it anyway - booo, overprotective parents!). Also I have noticed that the US custom of dressing up in any old costume seems to have infiltrated our shores. You used to have to dress as a witch, skeleton, ghost, devil or something spooky - now you can be anything from an astronaut to a pirate to a zombie...

I still love Halloween and do a pumpkin every year - yes I am childish. Ooh I'm excited now just thinking about it
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
      X