It's Halloween!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Halloween!

Christmas is really nice, I love it. There are so many beautiful ornaments out there and things to do to your home and yard to just make it feel magical..and I love the white lights. I've just boughten some bigger old fashioned ones in white to string around the yard and through the trees.

Comment

It's Halloween!

Oney, everyone has bigger boobs then I do! lol

Comment

It's Halloween!

I just LOVE Halloween. Fighting cheesy hoards at WalMart for the $30 costumes that are of such poor quality the instructions prohibit either washing or drycleaning. (Pretty much makes them disposable.) Or you can commission a seamstress relative to custom make the costumes as I've done in the past. (I sent my sister a sewing pattern with instructions to make one Peter Pan outfit - for oldest daughter - and one Tinker Bell - for youngest daughter. Sister must have been drunk because I ended up with two Peter Pans. Beautifully sewn but --- What???)

Then the dilemna - stay or go? Must go out begging with the children because it's certainly not safe to let them go alone. While you are gone the neighbourhood thugs take ALL the candy you've left out, brutalize your painstakingly - albeit horribly - carved pumpkin and torture the cat.

If the evening ever ends, the gluttonous Peter Pans take endless inventory of the spoils - classifying and counting the candy on the living room carpet for hours. Rigorous trading/negotiations undertaken for candy that will still be in the plastic pumpkins at Easter.

And in the morning, after surveying your ruined lawn, you go to the office where everyone has kindly brought their un-tricked and un-treated candy and deposited it in the lunchroom so everyone can gorge themselves seven deadly sins style for the next two weeks.

No, I'm no really terribly fond of Halloween - but the kids just LOVE it so what can you do!!!!
        Coco

Comment

It's Halloween!

Brigitte Bardot;985653 wrote: Oney, everyone has bigger boobs then I do! lol
          :H:H:H I swear tho, some of them look about 20!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

Coco-Nut;985654 wrote: I just LOVE Halloween. Fighting cheesy hoards at WalMart for the $30 costumes that are of such poor quality the instructions prohibit either washing or drycleaning. (Pretty much makes them disposable.) Or you can commission a seamstress relative to custom make the costumes as I've done in the past. (I sent my sister a sewing pattern with instructions to make one Peter Pan outfit - for oldest daughter - and one Tinker Bell - for youngest daughter. Sister must have been drunk because I ended up with two Peter Pans. Beautifully sewn but --- What???)

Then the dilemna - stay or go? Must go out begging with the children because it's certainly not safe to let them go alone. While you are gone the neighbourhood thugs take ALL the candy you've left out, brutalize your painstakingly - albeit horribly - carved pumpkin and torture the cat.

If the evening ever ends, the gluttonous Peter Pans take endless inventory of the spoils - classifying and counting the candy on the living room carpet for hours. Rigorous trading/negotiations undertaken for candy that will still be in the plastic pumpkins at Easter.

And in the morning, after surveying your ruined lawn, you go to the office where everyone has kindly brought their un-tricked and un-treated candy and deposited it in the lunchroom so everyone can gorge themselves seven deadly sins style for the next two weeks.

No, I'm no really terribly fond of Halloween - but the kids just LOVE it so what can you do!!!!
            EXACTLY!! :H:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

too funny Oney!!!
              I love ALL holidays....will elaborate more later.....I am becoming more of a scrooge every year...
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It's Halloween!

one2many;985649 wrote: Hey K9,

Do you celebrate Christmas? Just wondering...not well up on different religious beliefs..

That sounds lovely Gia, I always buy one expensive beautiful thing each year too...I absolutely ADORE Christmas.
                I buy one expensive Christmas ornament - usually a Waterford or Svarovsky or something like that - for each of the girls every year. I put one of their Christmas photos in the box with their ornament and label it with the year. The thought is that when they turn 50 and are ready to move out of the house, they will have a whole tree's worth of ornaments!
                Coco

Comment

It's Halloween!

Coco...how the pox have you only got 39 posts??

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

one2many;985661 wrote: Coco...how the pox have you only got 39 posts??
                    You know me - I'm very shy and don't say much...
                    Coco

Comment

It's Halloween!

Coco-Nut;985659 wrote: I buy one expensive Christmas ornament - usually a Waterford or Svarovsky or something like that - for each of the girls every year. I put one of their Christmas photos in the box with their ornament and label it with the year. The thought is that when they turn 50 and are ready to move out of the house, they will have a whole tree's worth of ornaments!
                      That's a beautiful idea. I bought a gorgeous crystal baby bottle with my daughters name and birthday on it at Neiman Marcus when she was born. I have such really warm memories everytime I take it out of the red velvet case and hang it on the tree.

Comment

It's Halloween!

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! We even grow our own pumkins every year so that we have them to carve and to roast the pumpkin seeds!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It's Halloween!

one2many;985523 wrote: Hate Halloween too but HAVE to make an effort for the kids..

Which means...

Making Halloween costumes from scratch = "Mammy do I really look like Spiderman?" "yes son, Spiderman always wore a black plastic binbag, its just not in the film"

Getting loads of sweets in for the 600 kids that will call to the door = running out and having to hand out Easi Singles and the kids lunches for the next day

Facepainting = scrubbing the kids skin raw before they go to bed and next morning before school but they still have eyebrows like Bert from Sesame Street.

Scary Movies = Wob saying halfway through that "this film is shite" which what he really means is "I am scared shitless, please turn it off"

Dunking Apples = half drowned, screaming kids with snots running down their faces saying they don't like apples anyway.

Decorations = Jumping out of my skin every time I walk into a room and see a monster at the window.....I still never learn, no matter how often I do it.

trick or treating = I go around with the kids and wear a mask and am asked where my bag is so they can put the sweets in....does not help that half the neighbouthood kids are taller than me.

Nawwhhh Don't like Hallloween much...But I LOVE Christmas!
                          :H:H:H:H
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It's Halloween!

NoraC;985676 wrote: I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! We even grow our own pumkins every year so that we have them to carve and to roast the pumpkin seeds!!!
                            That sounds like fun! I think we may do that next year, my daugter will love that and we definetely have the space to do it in. I did make some homemade pumpkin pies this year with real pumpkin and a crumble crust on top, I've still got one in the freezer. Delicious! But I love roasting the seeds!

Comment

It's Halloween!

Accountable for Me;985555 wrote: Oney, that was fricken hilarious!! I couldn't agree more. Just glad that the BF loves it and will take care of what is needed in that regard!

I hate the greed of Christmas. But I love the lights, and the atmosphere. Ditto, ditto. Oney, the post had me falling off my chair laughing. You are so funny!!

I hate the commercial side of Christmas as well. Love the lights and the decorations and the family getting together. Tradition has it that after Christmas Dinner, we go for a walk to wear off the food a bit and then play some table games. Two years ago - at the age of 50+, I went skating on Christmas Day with younger son and his girlfriend. I hadn't been on skates for well over 20 years but managed not to fall. I had a fecking riot!!!

one2many;985651 wrote: I know what you mean, some of the "kids" that knock here have bigger boobs than I have!I've seen pics of you - you can definitely hold your own in that category...

Brigitte Bardot;985653 wrote:
                              Oney, everyone has bigger boobs then I do! lol
                              Brigitte - welcome to the club...

Coco-Nut;985659 wrote:
                              I buy one expensive Christmas ornament - usually a Waterford or Svarovsky or something like that - for each of the girls every year. I put one of their Christmas photos in the box with their ornament and label it with the year. The thought is that when they turn 50 and are ready to move out of the house, they will have a whole tree's worth of ornaments!
                              That sounds like a lovely tradition. We have ornaments that my Mom made for my guys (now 31 and 33 years old) on their first Christmases and for several years after that and then boughten ones she sent each year. I gave the boys theirs a couple of years ago and they always put them on their tree (they share an apartment). Those decorations are my favourite part of Christmas. And the decorations I've made - a creche, fabric trees, and various wreaths. Even tho' we live in Greece, we have a traditional Canadian Christmas Dinner complete with turkey, stuffing, cranberries, etc., etc. Love it, love it, love it!!!

As for Hallowe'en..... we have a celebration similar to the Mardi Gras in that it starts just after Epiphany and ends on our Ash Wednesday. There is a carnival with lots of music and dancing and lots of costume parties the last weekend. My sons always dress up and I loved helping them make costumes over the years. We started one of our first years here in Greece with older son dressed as a clown and younger son as Dracula in costumes that I had made. They were delighted and looked great!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

It's Halloween!

DEADLY pictures Stirly
                                HANDSOME sons!!!!!!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X