It's Halloween!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Halloween!

ok I am back.....I LOVE Halloween, especially when my boys were younger.....we carved pumpkins, went trick or treating and decorated our yard...
    now that the boys are 15 and 19 it;s not as much fun......but this post has inspired me to decorate again....
    we live on a cul de sac so we get very few kids....

I love Christmas and what it stands for, but I have become quite the grump for the pest few years since my husband has been unemployed and money has been so tight
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It's Halloween!

They are fine young men, Stirls.

Look at the last picture of Freddie asleep under the table. Was it all too much for him.

We don't really do Halloween, just hand out a load of lollies and sweets, then hide behind the settee after 8pm.

But at Christmas we do have two very important traditions with the tree.

One we don't have a fairy on top of the tree, we have a cow puppet. It started when the son and heir was very little and thought it was very unfair to have girl on the top of the tree. Anyway according to Away in a Manger the cattle were lowing........hence the cow.

Secondly we always put the wee cradle from the daughter's Christening cake on the tree as she was babtized during the Christmas service the week before.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It's Halloween!

one2many;985769 wrote: DEADLY pictures Stirly
        HANDSOME sons!!!!!!!!
        Thanks, Oney. They really are good looking and I love the fact that they keep themselves in shape and are not overweight. Older son tends to gain a couple of kilos easily so when he does, he immediately cuts back and eats only salads and fruit til he's back to his ideal weight. Don't want any blubber-bellies or double chins from now. Or ever for that matter...
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

It's Halloween!

I LOVE those traditions JC, beautiful xxx
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

Hi Oney!
            To answer your question, no, I don't celebrate Christmas either (no holidays at all). I know to most people that sounds like I am depriving my kid...but it's really just what we're used to. We were raised not celebrating it, so we don't miss it! Same with my daughter, my whole family in fact. And we definitely make sure that we compensate our kids, we do fun stuff and give gifts all year long!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

It's Halloween!

I love Halloween too! Christmas is great too, BUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

Not much pressure with Halloween. Costume.... check. Candy....check! 6 year old son... check check!!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It's Halloween!

Rob is the same Stirly, he tends to put a couple pounds on and when he does it's off to the gym and out with the salads...quite proud of his four pack I am lol...I just could NOT do with an overweight man..besides the fact they would crush me lol.

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

K9,

I do know a few people who don't celebrate it, they make it up in other ways to their kids....x

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's Halloween!

Very cool costumes!!! Your boys are cute too lol..just sayin'.

It's fun to dress up on Halloween!

Comment

It's Halloween!

I love halloween, oct to dec is my absolute fav time of year cos of halloween and christmas. Bought in 3 pumpkins already and fine specimens they are as well. Thinking i might watch poltergeist after they go to bed to scare myself......

Comment

It's Halloween!

one2many;985523 wrote: Hate Halloween too but HAVE to make an effort for the kids..

Which means...

Making Halloween costumes from scratch = "Mammy do I really look like Spiderman?" "yes son, Spiderman always wore a black plastic binbag, its just not in the film"

Getting loads of sweets in for the 600 kids that will call to the door = running out and having to hand out Easi Singles and the kids lunches for the next day

Facepainting = scrubbing the kids skin raw before they go to bed and next morning before school but they still have eyebrows like Bert from Sesame Street.

Scary Movies = Wob saying halfway through that "this film is shite" which what he really means is "I am scared shitless, please turn it off"

Dunking Apples = half drowned, screaming kids with snots running down their faces saying they don't like apples anyway.

Decorations = Jumping out of my skin every time I walk into a room and see a monster at the window.....I still never learn, no matter how often I do it.

trick or treating = I go around with the kids and wear a mask and am asked where my bag is so they can put the sweets in....does not help that half the neighbouthood kids are taller than me.

Nawwhhh Don't like Hallloween much...But I LOVE Christmas!
                        :H:Hbut you love it reaLLY, DONT YA??

Comment

Working...
                        X