Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year on, and what a difference MWO makes..!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well gang it was one year ago, I first joined MWO when I reached out desperatly for help as I had lost Ollie 11 months previous but was in denial..our most famous trait...
    Hmmm!! shit thing to be known for really isn't it..?

Anyway they told me I was gonna have to do the weekly random breathe tests etc..and you guys were here and jumped straight in, held my hand and pulled me to the shore then taught me to swim out of the shit booze drowns us in.....!!

Thankyou to ALL of you, from the bottom of my heart...
    I could've lost him forever without your help...I love you all.....:h:h:h

p.s. just finishing my story so you can have a read in a little bit..

Just goes to show when we want it badly enough anything is possible. Good things do happen to nice people. But just know you did it all yourself Jan, we just stood nearby.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Do you know Jan, when you first came here I'd only been posting for a few months and I stood back and watched the magic of MWO weave it's spell. Gentle nudges and pushes here and there ,but Jan,me darling,you fought to let the magic work for you. :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nice One Jan!!

You worked so hard and you won! It is stories like yours that really warm my heart.
        Under extreme pressure and heartache you chose NOT to drink and to keep pushing on no matter what life threw at you and then I see others who fall at the first hurdle, time after time after time...and blame it on all sorts of crap....

You are living proof that it CAN be done..you are a shining example to others and I am very very proud of you xxx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

That is such a great show of inner strength, determination and a mothers love for her child.

I'm very happy for you, I know how much my daughter means to me and I would do anything for her as well.

xoxox

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Jan- I guess when there's a will-there's a way... So glad it worked out for you and Ollie!
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

What all of the above said :l:l:l
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Jan you are such a shining example of what can be done and how our lives can turn around,
                you are one of MWO true heros :l
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

very proud of you other Jan!!! you are an inspiration to all of us!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

one2many;985703 wrote: Nice One Jan!!

You worked so hard and you won! It is stories like yours that really warm my heart.
                    Under extreme pressure and heartache you chose NOT to drink and to keep pushing on no matter what life threw at you and then I see others who fall at the first hurdle, time after time after time...and blame it on all sorts of crap....

You are living proof that it CAN be done..you are a shining example to others and I am very very proud of you xxx
                    Chillgirl;985744 wrote:
                    Jan you are such a shining example of what can be done and how our lives can turn around,
                    you are one of MWO true heros :l
                    Jan, ditto to what the others have said above. But I have to add my two bits as usual. I don't know how many of the members here know your story. I know you PM'd it to some of us a while back.
                    Reading your story, I was amazed that someone could go through what you'd gone through and still remained sane. Drinking, yes, but sane. I have read the stories of other members and I can truly say that for me, yours was one of the most difficult journeys. Both before and after you lost Ollie. No one should have ever gone through what your former husband put you through. Hell. Plain and simple. You found the courage to leave him and then you had the struggle, the every-day battle, of trying to raise your kids alone in a foreign country with the that fecking AL demon pulling you down deeper and deeper. Then you lost Ollie. You went through months of heartache with AL as your only "companion" and then you finally found the courage to try to get out from under his control. You found MWO and asked for help from the wonderful folk here. But I remember reading that you went through ungodly withdrawal symptoms. Your legs swelling and hurting so bad that you could hardly walk, excruciating pain, yet you stuck it out. You found your inner strength and overcame all the obstacles. And I know you're still fighting - to have your little guy home and happy and to keep a roof over your heads and a proper meal on the table AND going for your language degree AND keeping fit. No excuses, no feeling sorry for yourself. Just focused on the sobriety road and what you need to stay on it.
                    Jan, you are truly an amazing woman and I am proud and humbled that you consider me your friend. You really are a hero.
                    Stirly :h
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Your story is an inspiration for every person here. Thank you for sharing it and for being a big part of this community. Your story IS helping other people, perhaps even in the same situation.

Im proud of you Lady Jan.
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Jan you are a true inspiration to all ........... myself included!!!!

I am proud to know you :l:h:l
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Thankyou all for your lovely words, you guys were there for me, you are my hero's
                          I knew it was about this time last year I joined MWO, after I had a moment of clarity..I saw the light..:H:H
                          it really was, I woke up and smelt the roses and realised this was for real..I could lose him forever if I didn't do something about this, and stop crying about the fact that "they had taken him from me".....!!
                          "they are the bastards for taking him"...
                          I blamed the system for wrenching him away from me, his mother.."they" were evil....!!
                          Yes, the fact that Ollies dad beat the hell out of me before, during & after my pregnancy our lives were hell & I jumped into a bottle of vodka......the rest is to go in my story coz it's too long to put here...

But suffice to say as you all know...
                          Ollie is home where he belongs with his proud of being sober & alcohol free mum.....
                          To you all xxxx

BTW going back and reading my first plea for help thread last october, was really good to see the difference, and change in me & our circumstances from then, till now.
                          I recommend going back to your first thread or joining post to all members, it quite an eye opener...!

Comment

Jan, the woman I met then, and the woman today are not the same. You are a remarkable, probably exception to the rule, with the life you came from. Your oldest friends here feel Ollie is there's too, and we've followed your journey, holding our breath, and cried like babies when he came home. Only a strong, determined, loving woman could do what you've done, and I'm SO proud to call you friend. Tell the O-man, Poppa still owes him a Harley ride!! :H :hug:
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

# 1 Jan Fan...Congrats!!!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                              X