Love and alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love and alcohol

When a person gets into a relationship they always have to adjust to a person and their habits. Do you adjust? If you mod how do you handle the other person's patterns? We cannot live our lives with no relationships because of our problems. I would love input regarding adjustments to people we wish to be close to.

Love and alcohol

Hi Aurora! How do you mean, exactly? are you talking about another person's drinking?
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Love and alcohol

Yes I am talking about adjusting to another person's drinking issues. For example if a person tends to drink a little weekly but he is different and drinks more, my question is how do people remain strong regardless of what close people do.

Comment

Love and alcohol

I can only look at this from my girlfriend's (now wife's) point of view. Even at the beginning she thought I drank too much. She realised nothing she said had much of an effect, and kept her "nagging," as I called it, to herself. Things were pretty harmonious - as harmonious as they can be when one side of the partnership is getting drunk almost every night. I was never mean or violent, let's put it that way. The worst I did was fall asleep on the sofa.
        I suppose she must have weighed the relationship up in her mind. For reasons known only to her, she stuck with me through thick and thin and thinner... and here we are now, married, with a kid, and my drinking career, I think, is behind me.

Comment

Love and alcohol

Life with a problem drinker can be hell. There is no fixed answer. It's a matter of what we're willing to go through for our feelings. But we should each take it VERY seriously before we commit. My Hubs could write volumes, and I would let him. Encourage him. But we had a very long history before it became an issue. So I can't give any other advice. Good luck.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Love and alcohol

I Love the statement " Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up." Because I know that is what he wants. But he has to take that hand. And I can give it but he has to be willing to work and he is way to lazy for me for long term

Comment

Love and alcohol

If a person who is in a relationship with another has a drinking problem I think they should first acknowledge it and be able to talk about it. Am I right?

Comment

Love and alcohol

step 1 of the AA 12 steps to recovery, as though you cut and paste it in there.
                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Love and alcohol

life needs to become unmanageable for the first step to apply. For some people that is not the case. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Love and alcohol

Hi AB
                    I started a thread last week in the general section on page two on 'Drinking mate"....Look for it. It may answer some of you questions.

Hang in there. Many of us on here have the same problem that you do.
                    xo
                    Belle
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Love and alcohol

I have personally made a choise to isolate and keep a distance until my own heart mends.
                      It is overwhelming for the lonliness leads me to the enemy.

I aspire to be a better person soon, until, it is best I listen to your intelligence and reasoning.

I admire most as you have chldren, husbands, wives, romances, and animals that cause my admirations towards your lives.

Still working on my brothers ashes being honered and it is something that silences the usual words of speaking.
                      I miss Steve so,

I share this as best I can communicate. Bless you~

I believe that there is more tommorrow that will inspire our aspirations so someday you our I love the view.
                      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Love and alcohol

sounds good. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X