Army Thread 21/10/2010 thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expat3;986090 wrote: Hi Tips! Good morning to you! Starts-Bubble bath, early bed and a book-ahh...heaven. That was pretty much my evening last night too. I had a much more positive day yesterday-except having to run from youths on a rampage in the Parisian suburb of Nanterre. Did you guys see it on the news? It was crazy-I've never experienced anything like that. There were hundreds rioting -masked youths-running around breaking up shite with the CRS police giving chase with those shields and gear. I had to make a run for it to get into my office before security slammed the gates shut! Pretty scary.
    Blimey that must ve been terrifying!!!
    How long did it take to sort it?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thanks all she is fine,i was a basket case last night,stayed in a chair beside her all night,but so tired noe,have to go back in to the hospital just came home to get nightdress,nickers etc,ill post later

Comment

startingover;986091 wrote: Who me? Im an old fogey!!!
        not from what I've heard.....

Comment

ladyjan;986094 wrote: not from what I've heard.....
          Who has been spreading evil rumours :H

Comment

jodiex;986093 wrote: thanks all she is fine,i was a basket case last night,stayed in a chair beside her all night,but so tired noe,have to go back in to the hospital just came home to get nightdress,nickers etc,ill post later
            Not surprised Jodi, you must be exhausted :l

Comment

ladyjan;986088 wrote: Mornin' ladies..
              Who the feck are you calling a lady?
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

The strikes going on over here are usually pretty peaceful but tensions are running high. I think its a combo of things-not just the pension issue. Social unrest--and its starting to cause violence. We were blocked in the office all day. Helicopters flying over, broken glass all over the streets, burning cars...looked like a war zone. I'm working from home today!

Comment

I saw some inserts on TV and read about it on our local news sites, Expat.

We're used to protests in South Africa, and even I thought that was rather hectic.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

OK-off to get another cuppa and wake up the kids. Talk to you later. Expat xxx

Comment

Yes Tips-it was crazy. It's the first time I've ever really felt unsafe here in France. I hate violence. Ok, now really laters:H. If I don't get the little slugs up we are gonna be late.

Comment

And talking of tummy things..
                        got Ollie still in my bed, not going t school today.
                        day before in the playground some of the other children have got sticky out belly buttons..
                        and Ollie's is nicely tucked in, and where's he's like a rasher of bacon got a flat tummy...
                        so yes you guessed it thought he'd got something wrong with his..
                        so started to try to pull it out..!! last night when he came home from the day centre he could barely move from his waist..
                        plus he's got a stiff neck, so you can imagine what he moves like...!!
                        last night I put betadine in/on it and I had to help him get up onto the bed, he's not putting it on I can see in his face he's in pain, anyway he slept peacefully, but needed a wee just now and was very painful for him to move.it's not hot or inflammed red so I don't reckon there's an infection, but gonna take him up the doc's in a bit just in case, never know could be something internal where he's been pulling at it...!!!

oh well another normal day in the nutso household....!!!:H

Comment

startingover;986095 wrote: Who has been spreading evil rumours :H
                          got quite a few of your "men" chatting with me now.. :moon:

Comment

Good Morning Army......Jan, Jodie, Starts, Expat and bouncy Mr. Tips. And hello to all who drop by later.

What the heck is going on? Sick kids, violent protests and belly-button pulling. Good grief, I go to bed for a few hours and the place falls apart!!

Seriously tho' - Jodie - a speedy recovery for your daughter. It's so frightening to have your child go through any kind of illness or operation. Hope all goes well.

Expat - we've gone through things like that many times here in Greece. Downtown Athens mostly. While I've never experienced something like that up close, just watching the violence on TV is very scary. Good you're staying away from that today.

Jan - let us know how Ollie does and what the doctor says. Sounds like he may have done some kind of damage if he's in that much pain. Hope it's nothing serious.

Starty, it must feel good to be back at work and back into your normal routine. Hope you're holding up okay otherwise. Strength to you. :huggy

Hope you all have a

Off to walk the dogger. Catch up with yaz later.

Stirly

P.S. I'm already dying to hear news of the meet-up. You guys are gonna have so much fun. inkele: :danthin: :dancin:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good Morning lovelies ............

Joide, sorry to hear about your daughter!! hugs for you ...

Stirly, how is Mr Stirls getting on????

Starty, glad work was good, and that you are sounding more relaxed,

Expat, please take care sweetie, I'm going to check out sky news!!

Jan, Poor Ollie, hope that he is OK ........

Tipps, hope that the wind has died down .... :l

I've got Kerrie off school too, been up all night with a tummy bug!!

Love & Hugs, BB xxx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Awwhhh so sorry to hear about your daughter Jodie but on a good point, wasn't it wonderful that you were sober and could take care of her....good on ya girl. I hope she will be feeling better very soon..

Ex Pat, I hate violence too....horrible, I hope it stops soon.

Hi to everyone else!
                                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X