10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

one hell of a mile stone ... to which i never thought it could or would be possible to even see it .. three years alcohol free for me ... and for many it just hard enough to get to one day ,one hour or 10 minutes without a drink in their hand ...
    well its not that easy and even today for this old dog ... i know a lot would ask why would it be hard even for me well .. i have always said life is what you make it right ..well i try and try and try even harder to maintain my sobriety ..but i never CHOOSE TO LET AL BACK IN .. even when its so close to just throwing in the towel at times...I'm a man that at times just don't give a damn ... i have been push around in this life and liberty to prostitute to happiness .. the land of the free and enslaved ... they say be all you can be ... well that what I'm doing i live ..i do what needed and i try everyday to get closer to life ... even when there is only darkness around me ... but to the point.. everything in life is for what ... to experience the love,anger,support,family,friends ..where you think you don't have any...but there is always one... one that understand and is willing to listen ,help you ..learn to live ... to see the bigger picture ..that is not only you but
    the many around you ... i guess it has taken this long for me to really open up ...and what I'm trying to say is look ,listen and learn reach out to someone anyone and just give it your best to help... even tho you might need help yourself by helping someone ..you are helping yourself ..learn .. one really never knows the right thing to say but if you look at yourself and use what you have been Thor and be understanding to ones feelings .. you will find your way out of the hole that you put yourself in and make it but one day at a time ..living without AL on your back... so remember you can write your story .. but always remember to look listen learn and love yourself ...
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

DANG IT!! I was going to post something first!! You are amazing, my brother, my friend. :huggy
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TLRGS ON 3 YEARS AF!!!!!!

You are truly inspiring - and thanks so much for "Shout Out Sundays" - even in the most discouraging times, it always gives a smile and is to me an important reminder of what is important, first and foremost - sobriety. Always worth celebrating! Enjoy your day!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Roger...
        you are an amazing inspiration to us all and I am honored to count you as a friend.
        All my love,
        Jan
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Roger-just to let you know how very much you mean to me. You are such an inspiration and you have picked me up many times just by being you. Congratulations on 3 years AF!! I am so blessed to have you as a friend. Thank you for always being there for me.

Love ya.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

ROGER, THAT IS SUCH AN AWESOME MILESTONE! YOU CONTINUE TO INSPIRE ME AND SO MANY HERE! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MY FRIEND!
            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

ROGER WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE I'M HONOURED TO KNOW YOU IN OUR CYBER WORLD
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Wow! You are an amazing man and a great person! You are such an inspiration to so many of us around here. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the love, support, advice and encouragement you have given. You are truly loved around here!!!:h
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Roger - THANK YOU. Thank you for all of your kind words. Thank you for always listening. Thank you for all the support. Thank you for being my friend.

Congratulations on turning your life around. You are an amazing person.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Congrats Roger! 3 years is a huge accomplishment! All the best to you,

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Hi T! You are a hero, a legend and an inspiration! Thank you for being YOU!!
                        CONGRATULATIONS AND MUCH LOVE XOX RC

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

Just chiming in to say thank you on behalf of many newbies like myself. All of you "old timers" are important role models for us just venturing out into the AF world! Your posts were very nice - thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS! :wd:

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

:yougo::yougo:Congratulations on 3 years sober!:yougo::yougo:
                            You were there for me when I first came on board 9 months ago and you have encouraged me every step of the way! You are truly an inspiration to all who know and love you! I love you so very much, my dear friend!
                            :l Vicki
                            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

10/21/07 TO 10/21/10

CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME TOOOO!!!!!!! AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!
                              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X