Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad

The ex I can't seem to get over just sent me a text. He's been married for 5 years. Why, why, why can't I get over this guy? We were engaged and he was using drugs and I was drinking daily...now we're both sober. I wish I knew how to move on. How many times can a heart break?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Sad

Oh K9- Sorry!! Do you think if you both still have feelings for each other and are both sober you can try and make it work again?
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Sad

Well, he's married to someone that he loves but is not IN love with...they're more friends, you know? We both wish things were different. But I guess I will have to live with it. I really would like to find someone else...but he still has my heart...it's a catch 22.

Comment

Sad

Oops- I missed that part where you said he's married...- gosh-, that's tough-K9- I hope you do find someone -:l
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Sad

K9Lover;986644 wrote: The ex I can't seem to get over just sent me a text. He's been married for 5 years. Why, why, why can't I get over this guy? We were engaged and he was using drugs and I was drinking daily...now we're both sober. I wish I knew how to move on. How many times can a heart break?
          When you figure that out will you PLEASE let me know!!
          I to this day "long" for my Ex of 15 years!! It has been almost 2 years.
          I keep thinking I'm "over" her but the truth is I am NOT !!
          She has had a boyfriend for most of the time since she left me.
          She and my girls now live in his house.
          I will be OK until I talk or txt with her. Then it all comes back.
          So I "feel" you!! I hope that you find the answer and can then share it with me !

MUCH LOVE and PEACE

Bob

Comment

Sad

Thanks Fluff. I have no choice but to live with it.

Comment

Sad

Hi Pro (Bob)
              Oh man, we have the same story...I'm okay until he texts me and tells me how unhappy he is with his wife. This is so hard. I tell myself I'm over him, but I know deep down that he is the reason I am not married or in a relationship. I get lots of offers but I'm just not open to it. How do I tear down this wall?

Comment

Sad

K9 I don't really have any advice or answers for you, I'm so sorry, but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you xx
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Sad

K9 - :l I'm so sorry. Sometimes, it's just not easy. xxoooxx
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sad

K9Lover;986666 wrote: Hi Pro (Bob)
                    Oh man, we have the same story...I'm okay until he texts me and tells me how unhappy he is with his wife. This is so hard. I tell myself I'm over him, but I know deep down that he is the reason I am not married or in a relationship. I get lots of offers but I'm just not open to it. How do I tear down this wall?
                    That is a tough one !!
                    "How do I tear down this wall?"
                    I would think to tell him that you don't care about that part of his life!!
                    Tell him that it is over and you DON'T want ANY contact.
                    I have to keep in touch with my Ex because of the girls.
                    Or else I would follow my own advice and have NO contact with her.
                    I know I will ALWAYS love her as the mother of my girls but I struggle with still being "In Love" with her.

Bob

Comment

Sad

Sorry your going through this hun, just a suggestion from a different angle so forgive me if I am off the mark here but you say he texts you and tells you how unhappy he is with his wife. Well it seems to me that IF that is the truth he owes it to all concerned to tell her, not just you and to find a solution. Life is way too short for regrets.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Sad

Hi K9, sorry you are so sad and heartbroken over this guy. It seems a complicated situation given that he already has a wife that he loves albeit as a friend While we may not have a choice over who steals our heart we do have a choice over how we deal with that situation. For me I'd delete his number from my phone/email etc and refuse to have contact with him until he leaves his wife and treats you with the respect you deserve. Easier said than done I know but you sound vulnerable and lonely and that's not a good place to make rational decisions. Even if you want to ultimately remain friends a complete break for a period of time might give you the time to move on with your life.

Hopefully things will feel different in the morning.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Sad

I'm not so good with this type of advice so...:l:l:l
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sad

Oh K9 that is a tough one to handle. I completely agree with Dewdrop though. No contact is the best right now. He is not showing respect to you or his current wife with this triangulation and you are vulnerable. You must protect yourself.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Sad

What KTAB said. :huggy friend.
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X