• Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today.

Busy busy busy work work work no time for Tom Foolery today
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1289457 wrote: Busy busy busy work work work no time for Tom Foolery today
      Who's he? :H
      I will not drink today. Hell no.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Ditto again what Sunshine said...hee hee
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

ditto all of the above!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I will NOT drink today.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

HELL TO THE NO....No drinking today! Day 99 here.....
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1290626 wrote: HELL TO THE NO....No drinking today! Day 99 here.....
                LOL.... ditto... 92 days if i counted right.....
                caper
                AF since Sept 2013...
                :alf:

Comment

You all have my respect and admiration. I am not going to drink today, but I did yesterday. Really don't like the person I become with Al, commit to quit, and blow it everytime. I don't drink everyday anymore, maybe once a week, but I become someone I don't know and alienate everyone. So tired of this vicious cycle and just want to get off of this ride!!
                  Hope :h

Comment

Hopeful mom;1290861 wrote: You all have my respect and admiration. I am not going to drink today, but I did yesterday. Really don't like the person I become with Al, commit to quit, and blow it everytime. I don't drink everyday anymore, maybe once a week, but I become someone I don't know and alienate everyone. So tired of this vicious cycle and just want to get off of this ride!!
                    hey H Mom.... i am with you and i totally get it.. it sucks. i hated that person i became. that person appeared every so often when i drank. Then she showed up more and more.. i used to convince myself i could control her.... but there she was.. bitchy, ignorant, judging, nasty, angry, embarassing etc etc.. oh and ugly very ugly.. but the end she was around everyday.. i can still see her.. hiding in the shadows.. waiting. she is patient... very patient.. whispering to me "its ok i won't show up next time, go ahead just one drink, you can control me"

but nope i can't.. she's there, ruthless bitch just waiting...

You can get off the ride. you really can. Its jsut a big leap of faith that it will be ok...and it is.

PM me if you want to chat..

caper
                    caper
                    AF since Sept 2013...
                    :alf:

Comment

I am an angry unreasonable person when I drink. So - I will NOT drink today.
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Not drinking today...44 days of living on the bright side does not make me want to live another day on the dark (drinking) side. Those days I got and I'm happy to say good riddins' to them!
                        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

I'm with you Blondie, I think this is day 47 for me. We can do this!

Comment

If I drank...

Day 52 AF. Never done this before. I will not drink today but the temptation is still so strong.. Life is really difficult right now, so much tension, so many worries! Easter WE coming (lent is ending). Lots of friends are coming out for the WE and I intend to resist the temptation. You are all my witnesses and how ashamed I would be if I drank. So I won't!
                            Just Do It !

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I don't want to drink.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I don't want to drink either!!! It's so nice to have the freedom of sobriety verses being locked in the prison of AL!

Comment

Working...
                                X