Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today.

Another beautiful day today.
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

yes, another beautiful sober day...

Comment

Tonights going to be a test. I have hockey and there's always lots of cold beer in the dressing room after the game. I will try and make an excuse to leave pronto, so I can come home and have a good supper and an AF night!

Comment

Made it another day and evening (out)!

Comment

Yes, another sober one down in the history book of my life. I'm grateful. Staying sober today is what gives me a shot at staying sober tomorrow.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sober is, as sober does. And it ___________ feels fantastic!!

Life is really good when you can appreciate the small things in life. Enjoy the simplicities in everyday living. When I drank I was consumed in negative energy. I hated everything.

If I never had a problem with alcohol, I don't think I would be thankful or grateful for all I have today!

Sobriety is truly a gift. The best gift I have ever, and will ever, give myself. xo

Comment

Well said accountable!!! I totally agree, I had so forgotten what it was like to be sober, clear headed and to start to achieve in life instead of tread water or go backwards. Life is a magnificent gift and we should embrace it as it is never as bad as it seems, especially through sober eyes. Keep going guys one day at a time.......
                Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

OMG! Nice to see you, boycie! Hope all is well with you! xo

Comment

hey there, yes its been a while but I'm doing ok.....spent a couple of years in the wilderness now back and sober which is a nice feeling. glad to you still going strong..awesome, hopefully this time I can keep going and not fall back into the grog hole. see you around the boards xxxx
                    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Glad you are back!

I had a couple of lapses over the past couple of years. But all in all; doing really well!

Glad to hear you are doing OK. See you around the boards.

Comment

no drinking here today, i have a life to live.

Comment

I will definitely not be drinking today. I've done a serious work-out and am gearing up for my first 5K this weekend. I'm not going to weaken my muscles with alcohol! Furthermore, I am truly happy to be free from the depressant effects of alcohol...I want to stay free!

I've been reading through some old journals that chronicle years of angst over drinking. Over and over again I've written "I'm so much happier when I don't drink"...and then "I'm so depressed and ashamed after drinking last night". The journals are helping me hang on to the truth about alcohol for me. I am not going to drink today!
                          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Sarasmiles - Good luck on your upcoming 5km. Remember to pace yourself. Sometimes when the gun goes off and the adrenalin kicks in, your first km is super fast then you are licking pavement for the final stretch of the race. Make the last half of the race your fastest!!! It is an incredible feeling to cross the finish line strong.

Which reminds me......I will not drink today because I want to have energy for my run tomorrow!!! Nothing sucks worse than having to run hungover. Trust me I've done enough of those...gross.

Comment

I won't drink today because I hate alcohol.
                              I won't smoke today because I hate nicotine.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

How sweet it is.
                                I have now added 2 more days of no alcohol for me and have started to feel better, it is a great feeling to wake up each morning and the only pain I feel is the pain of being older, not hung over...
                                FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X