No announcement yet.

I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't yesterday, no need to today, either. So sick I can't (not that it stopped me before. This must be one bad ass bug!). Day 4

Comment

It's great to see these old threads being resurrected, here, and in the other areas! But if I try to contribute to all of them I'll have no time to work lol. But I will make a post here....

I'm not going to drink today, tomorrow, the next day, and even the day after that because I want to show others that if I can do it, so can you!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because the people I'm emulating aren't drinking today, and I want what they have.

Comment

I will not drink today because I feel really really good right now and I want to feel that way tomorrow too.

Comment

I admire people who choose not to drink for whatever reason in the face of so much pressure and enticement to do so. And I want to keep admiring myself.

Comment

I will not drink today because I have admitted to a few close people (whom I have hurt because of alcohol) that I need to turn my life around. For one, I was so bad when drunk recently that I feel she would never forgive me for my poor behavior if I hadn't realized the error of my ways and told her I was going to quit drinking. I am feeling more pain than the temporary pleasure that the taste of wine gives me or the little buzz. Problem is, the buzz doesn't last long enough, and then I want another...you know the deal. I will not drink today because I am all done drinking!
              Addy (All done drinking? YES)
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Welcome to MWO, Addy. I really like your screenname. This is a great place to get this DONE! I promise you'll never regret quitting - just that you didn't do it sooner, I suspect. Take care, NS

Comment

Because I love myself sober and I hate myself when I drink. Nuff said.
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Not drinking today because I am still too sick not sure what will happen when I am well again. I'd like to say I am still here, with better and longer lasting reasons.

Man, there's a lot of drinking on television, Olivia Pope and that damned red wine bottle, every night... day 5 for me and counting...

Comment

I did not drink today and I won't drink tomorrow.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I quite like waking without a headache.

Comment

And I'm not going to drink today because when I do wake up with a headache, like I did today, I'm so thankful that it's not "my fault"!

Comment

There's NO WAY in hell I'm drinking today. No matter what, no matter who. Boy does that feel GOOD!!!!

Comment

I will not drink today because 6 days on, my body still needs a break. Still, I am curious to know how much better-than-better I will feel on the other side of things when I am both well and sober.

Editing gins to 'things' gotta love autocorrect!!
                              Last edited by Guest; July 21, 2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Hey, me again, not drinking today..
                                Day 7 and I *could* have had something to drink, since I'm a whole lot better (yay!) but I chose not to, because I don't have to.
                                I am not going to drink today. But I probably *will* polish off the rest of the chocolate biscuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X