I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the running advice, Meech. I can definitely see myself bolting at the start and then being beat before the finish. I will remember what you said!

I am not going to drink today, for a million reasons...One of which is, I'm going to get my hair cut and highlighted this morning. Why spend money on beautifying the outside and then poison the inside? Why take away from a healthy, well-cared for look, with a bleary-eyed drunk or tired out hung-over look??

Looking forward to another sober, unhung day! Best to all,

Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

I am not going to drink today so tomorrow I can be happier that I am today! Each day AF is happier than the last!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. Why would I ever give up this amazing new life? Had a great 8 hours of sleep and feel I could handle anything today!

Comment

no tipple here today!

Comment

No AL today for me. Funny how our live are so similar Sara. As I am getting my hair done tomorrow (after many months so desparately needed). Foils, cut, style...the works! I DO NOT want to be sitting in a chair for three hours looking at my hungover self in the mirror!

Comment

Nope, not me, not today.

SaraSmiles. I read every day, and your posts are warming my heart. Hang on to that happiness.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

no drinks here...yuck!

Comment

Another AF day for me too. Peace and strength to you all.

Comment

Count me in on the af wagon.

Comment

I have a pretty good seat with a view on the wagon...great day today.
                      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Can I hop on that wagon if there's room?

No AL for me today because I want to feel great and accomplish many productive things tomorrow!

Comment

NONE for me!
                          Back on Antabuse. Still nauseated over the other day.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks Sunbeam! :l:l:l

How's your hair looking, Meech?? I'm pleased with mine. I never like sitting in front of a mirror under the bright lights at the salon, even without a hangover! But it would have been much worse with one! I'm liking my hair and feel prettier in general when I don't drink. My skin gets brighter and I think I look younger. Plus I can smile at myself in the mirror, instead of wanting to look away with guilt. What a difference!

I'm not going to drink today! I just finished up an eight week fitness challenge and did a final assessment today...Sadly, I managed to gain four pounds, but...I can run faster with a lower heart rate, I can bench press more weight, hold a plank for two minutes and am more flexible than I was eight weeks ago. So, I'm focusing on health and not on trying to be skinnier than my healthy body wants to be! No alcohol to interfere with my health and well being...not today!
                            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Awesome Sarasmiles congratulations on being healthy. :goodjob:

I went ahead and ordered P90X today to get on with the next step in my fitness and healthy living, can take it on the road when I travel and gives me a something to help concentrate on well being instead of being alone in a hotel room.

FT
                              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

That's great, FT. I've heard excellent things about P9OX. Exercise has become so important to me since getting serious about being sober.

Had a slight urge for a glass of wine while fixing dinner tonight, but I know that these urges inevitably pass, and that I get stronger and healthier every time I make it through without giving in. Now it's nearly bedtime for the kids and I will be able to relax with a book or TV and enjoy at least a couple of hours of down time. That period after the kids go to bed is precious to me, and I have to admit that much as I love my kids, I look forward to it all day. I used to look forward to wine at 5:00; now I look forward to 8:00 bed time, and a chance to just do what I want to do. The three hours from 5-8 are better quality, too. I've had to sacrifice the instant-relaxation that wine brings, but in return I've been rewarded with, among other things:

Feeling more alert and tuned in to my wonderful kids.
                                Playing games and reading with them instead of letting them watch TV when I'm too "tired" to play.
                                Getting a secret pleasure from it every time one of my kids says, "mommy, can I have a sip of your drink?" and I can say, "of course you can!"

Thanks for being here, everyone. The support and inspiration are really keeping me going!
                                Sara

Comment

Working...
                                X