I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today because drinking ultimately took me to a very, very dark and lonely place. I like living in the sun and in the positive fellowship with other sober people. So my choice for today is to stay in the light.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because it's Friday. There are enough people that drink on Friday already so I won't be missed! Because I'm not drinking on Friday I will be up with the chickens tomorrow with no hang over so I can beat all the hung over people to the store and finish my Christmas shopping! Happy AF Friday!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Jennyneric - Now that's a new reason and a great one. Too beat all the hungover shoppers to the stores.

I don't want to drink today because I want to feel just like today...tomorrow. Hangover Free!

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want to wake up tomorRow feeling like I felt today...AWESOME!

Guy
          Day 7 AF
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

No drinks today. I want to wake up early tomorrow and AL will prevent that from happening. Eat supper on time with the family and then Peppermint tea and a bath for this girl! :bath2:

Comment

I will not drink AL today because yesterday was so hard so today will be harder but tomorrow will be easy cause I made it past today. Riddles anyone. I will not drink today because i will make it past day 10 this time!
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I will not drink today because I truly do not WANT to.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Fell off my seat on the wagon the other day and was so upset with myself, took a few days to regroup but have decided not to drink today and get my spit back in order. Back to being focused and addressed what caused my seat to slip and will do what I can to not have that happen again.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Not drinking today because I took my antabuse and am so afraid of drinking on that stuff that it is the best deterrant ever for me. @ least for now. Maybe forever. Such good people on this site trying to improve their lives. It is inspiring!

Comment

I will not drink today..even tho Im bummed about losing my job Tues. 2 months ago I wouldve gone and bought a big bottle of wine and drowned my sorrows..but I know now that sorrows knows how to swim!!!
                      AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Back on track 6 days AF since trip up, not going to drink or smoke today.
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because it is December 16th, and I promised LilM to keep her company

Comment

I am not going to drink today. I don't have a reason, I'm just not going to.

GG, enjoy your day!

Comment

You, too.. canucky chick!

Comment

I am not going to drink today either. I considered stopping antabuse so I could drink on Christmas and decided that was one of the dumbest ideas I have ever had so I am still commited to being AF and AF the rest of the month. What a Dec. it will be to remember! There is power in our #'s!

Comment

Working...
                                X