I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky, I think remaining AF through Christmas is a great idea. I had the thoughts too of having some Christmas cheer, all the different punches and Christmas Martini's. And then I thought of how it starts off so innocent and fun; and then how it really ends for me. I don't have the energy to go through that roller coaster. I'm remaining AF with you. Power is numbers, you are so right.

Comment

GG..are you freezing your ass off? Are you in the snow belt right now?

Comment

Hello all. I am not going to drink today. I have too much to live for and drinking makes me suicidal. I might not feel like killing myself after the first drink, but I can't stop after the first drink and by the 100th drink or the 1,000th drink I would definitely want to quit my life and all the misery AL brings into it. So....not going there. Not today.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today. Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good day?

Gia, hun... thankfully most of the stuff has missed us so far *whew* We really never know... have tons of warnings, etc... but with us being an island, it often misses us just to the north or south
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Off to a wonderful start today, feeling great so I will add this to my AF day's.
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

... because I am enjoying my sober Friday nights. A nice blanket, fire and watching a movie knowing tomorrow I'll be refreshed regardless if she gets up at 4:30 or 6:00am, I'll be there in body, mind and soul.

Comment

Ah, yes, my Friday night was lovely and AF. Today will be as well.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good Saturday morning, I am not going to drink today.
                  FT

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. I have a full day planned and there's no room for AL.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am not going to drink today. Drinking brings out the stupid in me, and we don't want THAT now do we!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My choice is made. For me it comes down to only two options. I can wake up miserable tomorrow or wake up feeling awesome. I am choosing the latter!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I'm not going to drink today, because I want to feel wonderful tomorrow. I feel great today!
                          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Doggygirl;1024122 wrote: Hello all. I am not going to drink today. I have too much to live for and drinking makes me suicidal. I might not feel like killing myself after the first drink, but I can't stop after the first drink and by the 100th drink or the 1,000th drink I would definitely want to quit my life and all the misery AL brings into it. So....not going there. Not today.

DG
                            DITTO DITTO DITTO DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
                            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

I am not going to drink today because If I do, instead of looking out my window in wonderous awe about the heavy rain falling and the beautiful raindrops rolling down my windows....I would be crying rivers of tears in total desperation and misery. I will not willingly take myself to the pits of hell today.
                              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Decided not to drink today (Sunday) and love that I made that choice, have been shopping preparing for Christmas and loving it.
                                FT

Comment

Working...
                                X