I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT I'm finding concentrating on the 'stopping smoking' is helping with the cravings for AL ..in fact had no cravings at all!!

I'm not going to drink today because I have the choice not to!!
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

FT, I too found quitting Nic to be ultra crazy making.

I will not drink today. There is no booze in my house. There are huge snow drifts outside and the driveway is not yet plowed. It is currently -3.6F. NO WAY am I walking to the liquor store. It will definitely be an AF day here.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I will not drink today because I have too many people that I would let down, don't want the calories, need to move forward in life and not backward, and will keep a bottle out of a landfill. And I want to make it to 90 days AF.

Comment

Firstly, WTG, lucky!

I will not drink today because I hate the after effects. Drinking, even once in a blue moon makes me feel so damn depressed and physically sick. I love being in control of my health and mental well being. I, too, do not want to move backwards in life. Life is truly WAY better outside of the bottle. So no AL for me!

Comment

I will not drink today because I love God, my family, and my health more than booze.
            The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

I am not going to drink today because my daughter and husband mean more to me than wine!

Comment

I will not drink today because one glass of wine will never be enough and I know I won't be able to stop at only one.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I will not drink today because AL makes me depressed and I never want to be depressed again!
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I don't want to drink today because I no longer think it is a nice way to relax. Quite the opposite. I don't want the anxiety and depression it use to poison my mind with. Life is much more manageable without alcohol.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I have not drank all week and I'm beginning to reap the benefits, have a good weekend everyone
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

It's the start of the weekend, but I have better things to do.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Love that clear head feeling...
                          FT
                          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I promise not to drink today. I got too much stuff to do tomorrow and this weekend to spend it hungover. Besides I am on Day 20 of my 30 day af challenge. I am not going to go this far just to ruin it now. I plan on completing this challenge sober and clean of al. I can't do it with AL in my system.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I will not drink today because I love turning the light off at night with no regrets over drinking knowing I will have a good natural sleep.
                              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

I will not drink today as it's day 20 and I don't want to go back to day 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X