I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not drink today. I have better things to do.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am not going to drink today because its my four month anniversity of being sober, and that doesn't bring the right to drink so I won't drink.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I am not going to drink tonight because I am going to a band for the first time sober...... This will be my second time going to see this band, the last time I was drinking, and can't remember a lot of it. All I remember was that the music was good. Tonight will be different in that I am not going to be drinking.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good for you Drifty! Oy your post brought back some not so good...well, I can't exactly say "memories." More like "blank spots" where concerts are supposed to be LOL! I wish I enjoyed the music at more of them myself.

I'm not going to drink tonight either!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want to keep the trend going. I didn't drink yesterday therefore I won't drink today.

Comment

I'm right there with ya Drifty!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

No drinking for me today. Repeat to self every hour and tomorrow @ this time I'll be (1) full day sober. I'm shaking but Very Determined :-)

Comment

Hi Tribal Rose and welcome back. Do you have someone with you?
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Tribal Rose - determined is very good. Stay close and we can help you get to tomorrow.

I am not drinking today because I choose not to. The fact that there is NO ALCOHOL in the house helps too
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I'm not quick enough to post replies - but yes RC, hubby is here and knows the drill. Many Many yrs of AL abuse between the (2) of us. I'm OK (read sick) but will get thru what I know won't be easy. I've been reading here @ this website for yrs looking for something / some words that would make me stop...This morning I took my last chug of vodka and said No More. I Can Do This .

Comment

I prayed thanking God for keeping sober yesterday and for allowing me to wake up feeling better today. I nourished myself with healthy food and allowed for family to console and support me. I read threads on MWO. I look forward to waking up tomorrow morning and going to my favorite AA meeting at 10:00am.
                        September 23, 2011

Comment

Reenie;1182207 wrote: I prayed thanking God for keeping sober yesterday and for allowing me to wake up feeling better today. I nourished myself with healthy food and allowed for family to console and support me. I read threads on MWO. I look forward to waking up tomorrow morning and going to my favorite AA meeting at 10:00am.
                          That's great Reenie - Keep putting one foot in front of the other.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TribalRose;1182206 wrote: I'm not quick enough to post replies - but yes RC, hubby is here and knows the drill. Many Many yrs of AL abuse between the (2) of us. I'm OK (read sick) but will get thru what I know won't be easy. I've been reading here @ this website for yrs looking for something / some words that would make me stop...This morning I took my last chug of vodka and said No More. I Can Do This .
                            No worries TRose. Glad you will be ok. You can do this!

Good for you too Reenie!
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

TribalRose;1182206 wrote: No More. I Can Do This .
                              Yes you absolutely can! One hour at a time, whatever it takes. Keep checking the toolbox thread.
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello fellow travelers. The most important decision of my day has been made. No matter what the day brings, I will not drink any AL. I can't do anything about yesterday, and I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. But for today, I will be facing life sober.

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X