X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today.

Me too Meech, enjoy.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Day 5 for me today. Not feeling particularly strong though.

Comment

GD, it's sure not an overnight fix, but a process. Took us a long time to get here. Just keep doing the good things that keep you away from the dead end of alcohol.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

I will not drink today. I have to work early tomorrow morning and I don't want to wake up feeling like crap and facing a busy Saturday in retail before the holidays, no way, no how!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, as much as Id REALLY like to............got some real shit news in the mail.....Ill fight the fuggin beast! Scuze me, for my attitude, Im just not exactly myself right now
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nothing is worth drinking for - it's a ruse of making you think you would feel better. There isn't anything that can't be made worse by alcohol!

NO AL for me today!

Comment

Hang in there, Nelz. You are such a cheerleader for everyone else, and take the time to support others, I just wanted to take a minute to recognize that you, whose post just radiate confidence , purpose, and support for others, may occasionally have a bad day and need to know others are rooting for you, too.

I won't drink today, because last Friday derailed me until Sunday night. It's not going to happen tonight. I don't drink anymore.
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want my weekend to start hangover free.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Unwasted;1222863 wrote: Nothing is worth drinking for - it's a ruse of making you think you would feel better. There isn't anything that can't be made worse by alcohol!

NO AL for me today!
                    So true! AL will just make things worse. You will still have your issues, but now your drunk/hungover. Hang in there!
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Irie;1222865 wrote: Hang in there, Nelz. You are such a cheerleader for everyone else, and take the time to support others, I just wanted to take a minute to recognize that you, whose post just radiate confidence , purpose, and support for others, may occasionally have a bad day and need to know others are rooting for you, too.

I won't drink today, because last Friday derailed me until Sunday night. It's not going to happen tonight. I don't drink anymore.
                      Well thank you very much, I do try to do my best to help and offer advice when I can...and today I could use some extra strength to battle through this here issue. With time, Im sure it will pass, just not something I wish to deal with on top of lifes other crappy plans....a thousand thank you's for your words

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

You can do it Nelz! Your almost there! Just so many hours left of Friday.

Comment

Hang in there Nelz.....we want you to keep your gold star rating AND your peace of mind! I had a very crappy month myself with several disappointments and setbacks. AL was shouting to me, as well...."might as well....I can always start again tomorrow....one drink won't hurt....one drunk won't hurt" BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I took a walk when the big urge smacked me....thought about how incredible life is without the weight of the addiction. There's no room for that crap anymore. No liquid is going to cause me to lose my life!
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

If I have to write this everyday, I will. I'm not going to drink today. My bday is next weekend and I want to start as AF as possible. I don't have to wait for the new year to form a new me. Hope you're doing OK, Nelz. Could a little John Denver make things easier?
                            Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Thanks all for your posts, and strength, I knew I wasnt gonna drink but GD I reallllly wanted too....Im starting to think it wasnt so wise to sniff the shot glass a few days before.

Either way the news sucks balls, but Ill fight through it, and Ill do it sober......220 sober days looks better than 0

Thanks again, love you all

LOVES ME SOME JOHN DENVER Momma

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Good to hear that Nelz! 220 af days sure does sound a lot better then 0.

I am not going to drink today because there is no point of drinking today.

Comment

Working...
                                X