I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The prospect of never drinking again can be very overwhelming and for me, prevented me from seeking sobriety for many many years. (I stayed in denial for a very long time LOL)

Sometimes I find it helpful to just make a committment for what I'm going to do about AL for TODAY.

TODAY, I am not going to drink any AL. I can do anything for just one day. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Anyone with me here? Anyone willing to make a decision to not drink today, no matter what? No excuses?

Here is my plan:

I have a busy schedule for today and none of the places I am going are AL serving places.
    I will work out because exercise helps!
    There is no AL in my house.
    I have read several posts on threads here that help me stay sober.
    I have plans to attend an AA meeting to keep my head in the right place.

What are you doing to keep AL out of your life today?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

I am with you doggygirl,

keeping myself busy & motivated and also happy,thats for today, deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm in

I plan to be a busy, productive employee until 5:00. After that, I plan to be the best mum I can be to my two wonderful daughters and the best wife and friend I can be to my wonderful - long suffering - hubs. There is no room for AL in those plans. Sorry, dude.
      Coco

Comment

I am with you, too! I actually can't drink tonight because my son is going to a school dance and I have to pick him up at 10:30...then just go to bed after that.
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I have a meeting, a home visit, a few hours in the office, and then I'm going to address neglected creditors. I also plan to begin reclaiming my house from chronic neglect. That seems a little overwhelming - it's going to take months. My my poor dog needs some attention too. He's probably feeling like an orphan, and he looks like a stray (all overgrown and dirty). None of that sounds particularly fun, but I'm looking forward to getting a handle on it all.

Making a pork roast for dinner with roasted fall veggies. My husband will love it.

I'll hang out here off and on. Sometimes I even sneak on here at work just to read what everybody is doing.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
          - Vernon Howard

Comment

Lazy man's answer: 35 mg baclofen, job done!

Comment

I have to work all day today, so it will be easy for me not to drink. I am going to stay busy and focus on life and not booze. For today!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I have a playdate booked all afternoon for my daughter with her friends to make Halloween cakes and candies.. today is my bad day, I'm feeling weak today. I need to go to the drugstore and which I have to pass the AL shop. I'm going to need all the willpower I have today to keep going past it. I've even thought how nice a cold beer would be today after everything is done and I've cleaned my house. I hate this part......

Comment

Wishing you strength today B.B.!!!!
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

OverIt2007;987173 wrote: Wishing you strength today B.B.!!!!
                    Thanks OverIt :l
                    I definetely need it. I'm purging the closets right now, anything to keep myself busy till it's time to head to the playdate. I was told by someone that I just have to get used to being uncomfortable in times like these...I'm working on it.

Comment

I am busy with errands/work today. My dear partner and I will check out some land that I found attractive. Then, a movie at home. No A allowed!

Comment

I'm thinking that it may help keep me away from alcohol today if I have something fun to look forward to (today's chores not sounding fun to me). I need to think up something fun (and cheap) to do tomorrow.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                        - Vernon Howard

Comment

For me the "just for today" sort of makes me more anxious than my plan of permanent lifelong abstinence because it gets my squirrley mind thinking about tomorrow rather than today. I hope that makes sense to at least a few of you. The measure of time is significant but admittedly arbitrary. I am learning to trust that I don't EVER have to worry about drinking again. So my motto is becomine "one lifetime at a time!" (lol and tongue in cheek). That is such a relief! I know it is done a bit at a time and I do know there are times when one only wants or needs to define one's actions near term too. It is good to have ALL the tools in the tool box so I can use what I need when needed. Thanks for the posts.
                          Sunny

Comment

I'm working all day, then heading home and making a "comfort food" dinner...chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls with butter..... then I am going to dive back into my 1,000 page book...I'm on page 600! No alcohol today!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MMM K9 do you put garlic in those mashed taters? I must be up and off in the am to my trade show and then drive home as well. 5+ hours of driving. It will be a very early evening for me with no drinking.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X