I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And not going to drink today, love the day.
    FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I am not going to drink today. I am better than that.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am not going to drink today. Don't even need a reason.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because last year on this day was the worst day of last year due to drinking, and tomorrow last year was not much better. . .I want to replace those memories with sober happy memories this year! I have lots of plans with friends today and family tomorrow and the next day and L glut is on board so the cravings are dead. . .it will be great!

L glut really kills the cravings for al and sugar. . .didn't know it worked so well!
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Well, back after a long respite. Not AF respite either, last night way too much. SO starting again... I am not drinking today. And I will say that now each day until I hit 30...and then continue. Reason today? Sick of being sick and tired and moreso wasting so much of my life... Happy day before the day before Christmas!
            From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
            But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
            determined to be AF

Comment

Welcome back babysteps!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I've made a decision I am not going to drink today. I have ruined many a Christmas Eve in the past by drinking. I remember years ago when my paternal grand parents were still alive and we would go there for Christmas Eve dinner. (I was in my 20's then - I drank alcoholically for a very long time!) I would drink some before I went. My Grandmother was a "tee totaller" so I'm sure it was obvious that "something was wrong" with me. I would jones and jones and jones for dinner / gifts to be OVER so I could get the heck out of there and drink. I would head to the nearest bar. Has anyone ever noticed how absolutely desolate and depressing a bar is on Christmas eve? Only the lonely are there on Christmas eve. And I would be there with them.

I am so grateful I don't live like that any more. No way am I drinking today. I will be sober and with my husband and doggies in our HOME tonight. Not some dreary lonely bar.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

No drinking for me today. I am going to enjoy the excitement of my little girl, the love of my family, the good food we are all making for this Christmas season..and I am going to enjoy and remember every precious moment of it.

Comment

Loving life, clear head in the am is an awesome thing.
                    FT

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I am nearing the 10day mark and I have never made it past that. . .I will this time though!

Comment

jennyneric;1029137 wrote: I am not going to drink today because I am nearing the 10day mark and I have never made it past that. . .I will this time though!
                        Good for you!! That's excellent!:l

Comment

Way to go Jenny and everyone! I'm not going to drink today because I don't like it and it doesn't like me, j
                          Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Thanks BB and Janka for the encouragement! It is much appreciated!

Comment

It's an awesome thing, clear headed and feeling good.
                              FT

Comment

I am not going to drink today because vodka is kicked out of my life. . .I replaced it with fun times and memories and a happy attitude that people are starting to notice after 7 days without it. It is starting to just be a memory like an old boyfriend I dumped you know? You liked him back then but your better off without him! See ya later vodka. . .have a nice life!

Comment

Working...
                                X