I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today because I am in control - not the AL and that's a damn good feeling!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because if I stay AF today I will be on a record Day 6 tomorrow :happy:
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

roud: Mauri - you can do it!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I am not going to drink today, because I have been binging all week, and although I think I am good at hiding it, I am not. Work knows it, bf knows it, I know it. I don't want to wake up feeling guilty tomorrow. Today I will NOT drink.

Comment

I am not going to drink today cuz I burned 550 calories in the gym and drinking would make all that hard work a waste. Plus I have the trainer tomorrow!!!

X
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

I won't drink today because I'm on Day 4 AF and feeling better about myself and my strength
              Patrice

Comment

I will not drink today because I feel wonderful! Plus it's Thursday, my fav day of the week. . .why ruin it with AL?
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

No way am I drinking today! Life with AL was dark and lonely. No thanks. Not today.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want to make it to 7 days sober tomorrow!
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

:new:Been off this for a a year and I have to workout how to use it again

Comment

Welcome back BEing Me.
                        One day at a time!

Mauritiusdodo - you can do it. One week AF!! :goodjob:

No Beer no how. I am sipping on Chamomile Tea before the sober head hits the pillow!
                        No regrets tomorrow morning

Comment

This is my first post and I will share my story soon, but I felt the need to put into writing that today WILL be day 6 for me. I will not drink today. I've been leaning heavily on all of you for the past two weeks ( I moderated last week - scared of withdrawal and then had a not so good weekend) - you all must be tired from me leaning on you when you didn't even know it!
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Hi Lolab,

Welcome first of all you have just joined the best place to help you. :welcome:

Congratulations on your 6 days that is brilliant, it isn`t easy but it sure is worth it !

We all have broad shoulders here so you just lean away lol.

Post as much as you like and read as much as you can so look forward to seeing you a whole lot more on MWO.

Love Flo x
                            ps Come and introduce yourself on the Just Starting Out thread and you will get more welcomes I`m sure.
                            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

:welcome: loab and being me!!!! This is a one day at a time deal for all of us.

So....for me, I am chosing to stay sober today. I am not able to enjoy life's bounty when I'm drunk. And if I have "one drink" I will have more, and I will be very drunk. So....it will be zero drinks for me today.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Welcome loab! I will not drink today because I feel great! Healthly and productive and, as DG says, enjoying life's bounty!
                                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
                                X