I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the nice welcome...:-) You guys are amazing.

Flossie, would that be on the Newbie's Nest? I haven't been sure where to post an introduction...
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

AKwineo;1061927 wrote: I am not going to drink today, because I have been binging all week, and although I think I am good at hiding it, I am not. Work knows it, bf knows it, I know it. I don't want to wake up feeling guilty tomorrow. Today I will NOT drink.
      Ok, akwineo, lets do this today Sat. You did thurs af. Failed on Friday. Today, remember this stupid guilty feeling and the headache and just stop letting it control you.

Comment

hi

Hi Lolab,

Hello again, yes you can introduce yourself on the Newbies Nest in the Starting Out Thread where you will meet some lovely people or you can start a whole new thread of your own it is entirely up to you.

Take care

Luv Flossie x
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Hi

Hi AK,

Well done on making the decision to not drink today :goodjob:

Keep up the good work and let us know how well you did tomorrow.

You take care

Luv Flo x
          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today, tomorrow or the entire weekend for that matter. Too much to live for and I don't need AL getting in my way.

Comment

I am not drinking tonight as I am at work. To avoid drinking I started working in the night!
              It's also a trick!
              Cool today.....Dixon
              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

well, on day 19, I seriously was thinking I might cave and share a glass of wine with my hubby who just returned from out of town.....but if you all can do it, so can I!! :-) (even more tempting is sneaking some of the vodka that he brought home and put in the freezer....):no:
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

good evening all,
                  I am not drinking tonight, however I reserve the right to be cranky.

Lolab - well done on not sharing a glass of wine with your husband!

Have a great weekend all!
                  While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will not drink today because It's Friday. I won't every let the name of a day control what I do with that day again. I love having Friday back, and Saturday, and Sunday!
                    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. Anyone with me on this decision?

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm not gonna drink today cos I've eaten so much chocolate I feel ill (does that count??)
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm with you, DG. I've finally gone AF due to health problems (GERD). Makes the decision easy after my long stint of successful moderate drinking.

Hey, I planted some peas today, snow peas with the edible pods. The ground is mostly too wet, but I have a raised planter bed that warms and dries out early, so I put some in there. Dirt feels so good under my fingernails. I've also got some spinch planted in my cold frame, and am on my way back out to plant some beets.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My spuds and lettuce are coming up Sunbeam - I LOVE SPRING!!!!
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yep, I am not going to drink today.

Isn't it weird......I feel so good that I think I want a drink to celebrate
                              It's because I DIDN'T drink that I feel so good.
                              Funny how our AL brain will try to trick us.
                              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

mollyka;1080220 wrote: My spuds and lettuce are coming up Sunbeam - I LOVE SPRING!!!!
                                I'm jealous.....we still have tons of snow Spring...really??? lol
                                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X