I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another AF dry day under my belt! DG, I am always happy to see this thread pop back up!

But boy, the dismal spring that never quits raining sure is keeping my spirits down:toilet:
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

This is a great thread! I wonder why I missed it when I first decided to quit in January? It's just as valuable to me now, maybe even more than it would have been then.

Reading all these reminders from so many people, each deciding and saying to themselves "no, not today. I'm staying AF...," well, it just gives me renewed determination to keep at it.

I know I sound a bit like a broken record, but it's true: I never imagined how good life would be without alcohol. Really, really good. I think some part of my development as a person stopped in my early twenties, when I first started to drink regularly, and now...that 'growing up' is finally resuming. It's the best!

I'm not going to drink today. No doubts about that. Tomorrow, too, is my plan.
      Cheers,
      Jib
      Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I feel too good, and drinking would ruin everything.

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday, and would prefer not to drink today too. I am actually allowed/supposed to drink on the nal, but I found I was using that as an excuse to drink in itself.

Felt much better this morning, so another day AF would be nice.

Comment

Today is going to be a productive day that I can feel good about. In preparation for another productive day tomorrow I will not drink today.
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

RedJib;1116329 wrote: I think some part of my development as a person stopped in my early twenties, when I first started to drink regularly, and now...that 'growing up' is finally resuming.
              I have heard that is really true abuot arrested development. I know it was true for me! I woke up one day and found myself a 49 year old 17 year old 29 year old.

Sunbeam;1116320 wrote:
              But boy, the dismal spring that never quits raining sure is keeping my spirits down:toilet:
              The weather this spring has been CRAZY!!!

Well, the decision is made. I will not be ruining my day today with AL. Come good or bad today, I'm not going to make anything worse by choosing to drink. AF for me all the way today. Who else is in?

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The prospect of never drinking again can be very overwhelming and for me, prevented me from seeking sobriety for many many years. (I stayed in denial for a very long time LOL)

Sometimes I find it helpful to just make a committment for what I'm going to do about AL for TODAY.

TODAY, I am not going to drink any AL. I can do anything for just one day. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
                -----
                DG this is your first post on this thread. These words are what I think everyday, thank yuou for voicing them so I could see it in front of me, and know I can do today!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Glad that helps you sunshine. What kind of doggy is that in your avatar?

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Im not going to drink today because its my choice not to.......who needs enemies with a friend like AL!!
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Ill join the party, no AL for me today!!!
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

No wine for me today because I took antabuse.

Comment

My pup is an Italian Greyhound. He is a love. Another day AF here!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Aww...I thought it looked a bit greyhoundish, but too small on that sofa for a greyhound!! His (her?) markings look a lot like a Greyhound I had several years ago (RIP Nick). He was a couch potato for sure!!! He was a dark greyish brown but with a big white chest like that. I miss him.

AF Day for me too, thank goodness!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I am definately not going to drink today. My roomie came home yesterday (he works 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and brought tequila......I totally caved and joined him for margaritas. Uuuuggghhh! so stupid, I don't even like tequila, at all. Such an idiot.

But I'm jumping right back on the wagon, no AL for me
                              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I also have a busy morning as I never really drank during the day nights are my worse but I plan not to also thou my confidence is waning (nerves I think) I've tried before not having any alchol in house only find I would go and get from the shop so now it justs sits in the cupboard
                                but to-day I wont drink day4

Comment

Working...
                                X