I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not drink today because I didn't get a good nights sleep last night so I need all the energy I have and alcohol would rob me of being able to function or cope well. I will not drink because I want to take care of myself today.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. Too much living to do. Who is with me today?

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because that would be stupid!
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will not drink to day so that I can spend quality time with my husband!
          My pup is sweetheart. A total cuddles up dog.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Day 1 and I am not going to drink today

I am really trying to do this one day at a time, now. Have not had an AF day in a long time, and yesterday thought I might try to taper by drinking beer, which I don't normally like. Didn't work, and although I wasn't drunk, I drank more than the few I had planned. The previous days were drinking days, too, even had morning drinks. Never get a high or buzz and never get drunk, but know how crappy I am going to feel later, with all the guilt, shame, lying, driving to find a trash can to leave the empty bottles in. And night sweats that are unpleasant and shaky hands the next morning. DoggyGirl gave me some good advice about getting serious and sticking with a plan, and today I am taking my small supply of Librium to help with withdrawals. Have enough for tomorrow too if I space it out. Thank goodness I am not shaking, and don't feel too bad. Will start on Campral I got while in a short detox at a hospital back in March. I only took it for a week or so, so need to give it a real try. Need to post and read here--used to lurk for over a year--and get
            back to AA meetings. I find the support of everybody here so incredible and I appreciate it so much.

TDN:new:
            "One day at a time."

Comment

TDN, :welcome:!!!! So glad to see you posting. Here are links to a couple other great threads that will help you make a plan - I like them in writing.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

I assume your husband is keeping an eye on you in case you need medical attention?

Don't kid yourself about being "not drunk" and driving. I used to say that to myself all the time. Looking back on it now, I am mighty lucky that I never 1) killed someone else 2) killed myself and 3) got thousands of DUIs. Our perception of how drunk we are cannot be trusted. But of course this becomes a non-issue for AF people, and I hope you are on your way in that department.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all day5 here and doing well
                thankyou

Comment

I will not drink today because I want to enjoy myself tonight.

Comment

I will not drink today, because the money I dont spend on AL, goes to Motorcycle track days for me, thats wayyyyyyyyyyyy more fun than waking up in the morning hungover, and your wife asking.............do you remember what you did last night.
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi ThreeDN, Glad to have you here!

I will not drink today because I do not want to!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I will not drink today because i'm too sexy for alcohol!

Well done on day 5 Merry! Keep it going.

That is all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I will not drink today because i'm far too sexy for alcohol!

Well done on day 5 Merry! Keep it going.

That is all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I will not drink today because I drank enough last Friday to last the rest of my life. . .annnnndddd because drinking suxxxxxx! And because I said NO! And because my broken ankle is still broken!
                            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I won't drink today!

I was so happy to make it through day 1 yesterday. For a brief minute, I panicked and thought I could go and grab a small bottle of wine while my husband was at the gym. Since I was on Librium, I knew how ridiculous that thought was, and put it out of my mind. I also have a bad cold and sore throat and I need to boost my immune sysytem AF. So miraculously it is day 2, and I am concentrating only on today. Will be gone all day tomorrow from 7:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., so being busy will be good, too.

Reading a post from a member who was in liver failure last summer also reminded me how important it is to remain sober and get back to my good health before something like that happens to me. I plane to get back to my vigorous exercise schedule next week. Have only managed a walk the past two days because I just can't stop blowing my nose, etc, and we have had mostly rain for a week. Also will get to AA at least twice this weekend.

I am do grateful for this site and for the wonderful support of everyone here!

TDN:thanks:
                              "One day at a time."

Comment

I am not going to drink this evening (the witching hour approaches) because I want to go on a run tomorrow and work on an art project with my son.

TDN congratulation on day 1! Keep it going!
                                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X