Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today.

I'm not drinking today either.
    But I sure am pounding down the juice & soda!

Thirsty day for me! Finally got some sun here on this cloudy coast!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I'm not drinking today, cause I want it to be day 1(again) & I want to be able to start taking my Anatabuse again tomorrow.
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

witchywoman;1126320 wrote: I'm not drinking today, cause I want it to be day 1(again) & I want to be able to start taking my Anatabuse again tomorrow.
        :rockon: Witchy!
        THOUGHTS become THINGS
        choose the GOOD
        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

I'm not drinking today because I never want to feel the crappy way AL made me feel again.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I am not going to drink today, because that circus left town along with that ridiculous clown a long time ago
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I am volunteering at Animal Control and I am going to be too busy to get drunk.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Dodgygirl I am absolutely with you.
                I have stopped drinking AL few weeks ago and so far I am doing very well, enjoying fruits of being sober and positive. What scares me though is the idea of not being able to drink in the future. I am getting married in October and I must admit that me not being able to have a glass of champagne at my own wedding occupies my mind. How am I going to handle it? Am I going to fail?
                One thing I know for sure. I am not going to solve it today. What concerns today I know that I am sober and I am enjoying it.

Comment

:new: I am not going to drink today!! Day 2 of a much better life. So glad I found this site. Thank you God!!

Comment

New Here

So new at this!! Am I posting to the thread? Help!!:-)
                    Okay!! Yay--nevermind I see that I figured it out! (edit added)

Comment

I am not going to drink today, as I will be in Vegas, at a conference, with lots of AF - and I know I can be better than that - at least I really really hope I can - I will pass my first BIG test - 9 days thois time around, and DO NOT want to start again!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Lass,

I just tried to post something to you, and it disappeared. I don't have time to redo it. So in a nutshell....if you have to make excuses to your friends, say you are dieting or have to take medication for an ear infection or something minor, and you can't drink.
                        If it gets overwhelming, maybe an alcohol free beer? I know it may trigger, but if you can keep it to that, it may stop you from the downhill train, and you can move forward with your AF days.
                        If you just want the buzz, remember that it only lasts about 20 min., then you are on a slippery slope to getting drunk and the next day hangover, guilt, shame and starting over.
                        Not to mention the horrible way you will feel the next day, and trying to get through it. Then the danger of drinking again to get rid of the bad feeling etc.
                        Good luck, I will be thinking of you and hoping you are comfortable at your conference. It would be kind of funny to be there AF, and watch other people who drink, just to see how they handle it, or not handle it.
                        THOUGHTS become THINGS
                        choose the GOOD
                        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I don't want the start of my vacation to be a hangover.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because there is no point in drinking today.

(I know that I was the last poster but posting here daily and giving my daily pledge is helping me)

Comment

Drifty - you go girl and whatever it takes!

I am not going to drink today because I'll enjoy waking up tomorrow mornng without any guilt!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I promised myself I will not drink for 30 days and today is day 7!
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X