I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today because I am too proud of myself being at day 48 af to turn it to day 1 tomorrow.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not drinking today because today lays another piece of the foundation that builds an alcohol free life.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I did not drink today, but I did not drink during the day, so I will say I won't be drinking anything tonight either. I mean, it's DAY 20....why the heck would I?

Comment

Feeling kind of frustrated from work today, but I'm getting some tea. Ugh, first temptation, but am going to ride it out.

Comment

PlaceSeeker;1143335 wrote: Feeling kind of frustrated from work today, but I'm getting some tea. Ugh, first temptation, but am going to ride it out.
            Cravings do not last as long as hangovers - not by a long stretch. YOU CAN DO IT!

I am not going to drink today. That is all.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I heard in a mtg that cravings last no more than 20 min and it becomes obsession after that.

I will not drink today because if I do, it might be the day I get in my car and drive under the influence and kill someone, or myself.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. I know what that feels like. Now I want to live life differently and feel good every day. I am tired of the battle and am seeking a more peaceful place without the ups and downs that come with alcohol.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want to make it to 7 weeks tomorrow.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I said no wine for 30 days, and it's only DAY 21 today! Plus, why drink anything and mess up a perfectly fine day, and for that matter, mess up tomorrow by waking up with a headache or feeling a bit dizzy? No thanks!

Comment

I am not going to drink today and tonight even though I have a house warming party and a birthday party to go to tonight. (The house warming party is af with all the people there non drinkers),

Comment

I am not going to drink today, I was asked today on the street will I ever drink again and I said never, Well as much as one can say never.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario, I know what you mean about saying never. But you can think it, right!

I'm not going to drink today because I want to learn to live naturally without having to escape. It may be dull for a while, but eventually I'll forget (or at least be able to put in its place) the feeling that I need to drink to be happy. I'll commit to memory that the happiness is fleeting, short-lived, and comes with a HEAVY price.

Comment

I will not drink today, I am 3 days away from 100 AF. Why mess with a good thing.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I had some creepy sneaky AL thoughts today. But I did not go for it. I'm happy to be heading to be sober tonight.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG - did you really? Amazing - you've been sober something like 3 years?? Wow - just goes to show us how careful we have to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X