I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgie;1186270 wrote: I have written my thoughts down, I just hide them after that so that my family can not read them. Besides my al brain talks me into it anyway. I will continue trying. :h:h:thanks:G
    I know its tough, but perhaps letting your family know your thoughts will help you out in your journey. I have tried to quit without outside help before and it was really hard and I ended up drinking in the end. This quit, I told my mom,friends, and family that I was going to quit, and sure I have had hard times, but this quit is proving to be so much easier now that I didn't keep it to myself. That is why I tell people to get a support group both offline and on because having people from the outside know of your plan will help you as well as the people online.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I will not drink today because I feel like it has been such a long time since I had a drink and I do not miss it. My life is so much more manageable and I feel like I am actually growing up. I just wish I did it sooner.

Comment

I will not drink today. I did yesterday, for the first time in a very long time. And, now I feel sick. Physically and emotionally. I don't want to feel this way. So, I will not drink.

Comment

No drinks for me. Perhaps a tea and a bubble bath tonight is a much nicer "Reward" to give myself.

Take care Abielle. You will wake up tomorrow with a happier brighter perspective!!

Comment

I will not drink today. Sipping Green Tea, watching the snow fall. And listening to screaming kids
            'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I have 3 exams to study for ( 1 exam tomorrow 1 exam that I can take anytime this term, and 1 exam on Tuesday) and I am not going to study well drunk/hungover so I just won't drink.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today either. I'm at school studying for a final, and I don't think it would go over too well for an Addiction Studies student to be boozing it up in the lobby! So for today anyway, no booze for me.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Today would normally be a drinking day. I will not drink today.
                  'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

Not going to drink today. Getting ready for work now, then cleaning and studying when I get home. Staying busy = staying out of trouble!

Comment

I'm not going to drink today either. One day at a time, life continues to change for the better. I'm not about to *F* that up by drinking!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I got some studying to do later.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I don't drink.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I have to work on my study sheet later, and I wouldn't be able to do it drunk.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I don't want to start. I'm scared I won't stop.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I feel fine and I'd hate to ruin that.
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X