I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TribalRose, there are no words, how your post puts things in perspective. You are so right not to try to drown out the pain, it will only make things worse however unimaginable that may be. My heart goes out to you and yours x

I am not going to drink today. I am meeting friends tonight who will prompt me to drink but I love the energy and clear-headedness I have felt since stopping. I'm going to get high on being with inspiring people I love being around instead.
    AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Tribalrose so very very sorry for the loss of your son, I cannot imagine how you must be feeling, sending you huge :l

I am not going to drink today because I want to feel well tomorrow...
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Tribalrose, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a son. You have my deepest sympathies. I'm so glad you have decided not to drown yourself in booze right now. AL has a way of making everything worse and nothing better. :l

I am not going to drink today. I am very blessed that life is pretty smooth right now. This is a good time for me to stay sober and be available to help others who need a hand more than I do right now.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss TribalRose. You are very wise in knowing that drowning your sorrows won't work, they know how to swim.

((hugs)) Peace

Comment

I am not going to drink today, because I don't want to. Thursdays were trigger days, I have changed my routine and it really helped.

Peace

Comment

@Tribal, oh I am so sorry.

I'm going to a book release party within walking distance tonight at a restaurant. My strategy = I'm taking a bottle of water with me so I have something in my hand, and therefore won't drift off to the bar.

Comment

Oh lord. I went to the book release party and it had been canceled. The author had some crazy story about getting $350K marketing $ from some giant financial firm that was going to make him a celebrity and he is going to sell a million copies of a self-published book. I'm an author, this is not how it's done, and VERY few books sell that many unless you're Michael Crichton or Bill Clinton. Add on top that he's 75 and it's a book about a 70s band! Not a huge audience. I feel bad for the poor guy. Today was the pub date, he thinks they're going to throw some party at the Beverly Hills Country Club in five months, which completely misses the purposes of tonight's publication date. He missed the only opportunity he had to promote the book.

Some folks are sadly gullible and he is being taken advantage of, alas. Sorry, had to rant. Like, a call or email canceling or FB announcement, maybe? So tired of people not following through. Took me an hour to dress and get over there, or I would still be comfy in my gym clothes.

Now if that's ain't something to drive you to drink...and I did NOT! Even though it was at my fave neighborhood spot. Didn't drink. Walked home on the beach and enjoyed the warm night air with a clear mind. Home now.

Comment

:l Tribal :l There are no words to tell you how sorry I am. :h

I will not drink today because I do not use alcohol anymore. I will not drink today because I get to be the fun sober mom taking all the kids to the high school football game. It's nice to be driving at 10pm on a Friday night without worrying about a DUI.
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm not gonna drink today!!!! I love the NEW Friday, which is a sober and productive one. It is NOT spent just WAITING for the first drink to come. And we all know what the first drink leads to for someone like me.....

So, no first drink for me today!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today. Too much livin' to do!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

No drinking today for me. It's witching hour now and I have planned a sober sewing outing with my daughter.

I am urge surfing right now (as I feel the cravings beginning) but I have faith that this urge will die out soon. Plus supper is 10 minutes from being ready - EATING is always a great craving buster.

I want to have a productive great day tomorrow. Just like I had today!

Comment

The decision is made. I'm not going to drink today. Drinking robbed me of my choices for the day. I'm hanging onto my freedom of choice by choosing not to take the first drink today.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Strongest thing I am drinking today is my Coffee.
                            FT
                            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I am not going to drink today. Naturally.
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

"Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X