I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to keep on surfing through the urges again today.

Comment

Coffee! A much better choice than wine. I think I'll go make a pot. I used to drink on a lovely afternoon like this, tired from working outside for the past few hours. No more!
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Im not going to drink today, for today Ill put up with the cravings and anything else that happens. I will drink tea instead, much more refreshing.

Comment

I am not going to drink AL today. Instead it's seltzer, coffee and tea for me! Too much to do today, plus I want to do some retail therapy tonight when I get the car from hubs...and I can't drive the car and shop drunk. So, today I will not drink. I think I should buy something nice for myself to celebrate my sobriety. A new sweater or coat...it's getting cold here in the Colonies!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

I'm not going to drink today .
            Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today either. I have a final tomorrow and if I had "one drink" (as I did soooooo many times) I would keep drinking until I passed out. I wouldn't flunk my final - I wouldn't even make it to class by 8AM. So no. None of that chaos in my life today, thank you very much.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Not going to drink today, its a beautiful day here and I want to enjoy it reading my book.
                FT
                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. I enjoyed waking up without a headache today!

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I get to spend some time at an animal shelter tomorrow and i am not going to do it with a hangover. So no AL for me today.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I didn't drink today and I'm headed to bed so it's herbal tea and a good mystery novel that I have been enjoying reading the last few sober nights and love the fact that I can go back to it the next day and remember what I read!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Doggygirl;1203269 wrote: I'm not going to drink today either. I have a final tomorrow and if I had "one drink" (as I did soooooo many times) I would keep drinking until I passed out. I wouldn't flunk my final - I wouldn't even make it to class by 8AM. So no. None of that chaos in my life today, thank you very much.

DG

You go DG, I think what you are doing is so awesome!!!
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm not going to drink today.

Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could get down a drop after that gorgeous roast beef dinner! I'm positively stuffed!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

No drinking today.
                            Living life to the fullest.

Comment

day 6 me either
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

That was close... was out shopping and happened to park near a you know what store and was tempted but got my butt in my car and promptly left. Now home having a bite to eat and surfing this wonderful site.

FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X