I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not drinking today, so close and yet so far from my one year T-minus 132 days, until I get my 1 year award....Im really looking forward to it
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

None for me either - not buying into the false sense of what alcohol gives to us.

Comment

Yah, me too. I hate giving more power to those who try to control us. Just call me Conspiracy Girl.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Unwasted;1230409 wrote: None for me either - not buying into the false sense of what alcohol gives to us.
          More wise words from you UnWasted. Thanks, today I am really sticking close to MWO as I tend to crack easily and buy into the lies that alcohol and it's pushers try to sell.

It does not taste good; the tea I am sipping tastes yummy and it's hydrating me.
          The buzz is not worth it; at this point there is no buzz; more of a dulling down
          The waking up at 3:30 a.m. is HORRIBLE and not worth a couple of glasses of red soul-sucking, confidence destroying poison.
          Drinking friends can get as bleary eyed, loud and slurry as they want; watching them through sober eyes really makes me wonder why I ever started doing this to myself.

I am NOT drinking tonight. Too busy with LIFE.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

No drinking for me today, or any day from my perspective today.

Comment

Its my 25th birthday today and for a Birthday gift to myself, I will not drink today.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Happy BD Alison - you've given yourself a wonderful gift! I'll be joining the nondrinking group with you today!:l

Comment

I will not drink today...
                  I dont miss the bloated face, stomach, pasty skin, no appetite, sending stupid emails, calling and saying stupid things, doing stupid things.being cranky to people around me just because I have bad aches and pains from the hangover. Nope no thanks
                  Strictly water, may throw some lime and lemon in it, I never was into that until they mentioned it on here made water even better.. Wishing everyone an AF day !

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday and I see no reason to drink at my second Birthday party/Christmas party so I will not drink today neither.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Drifty!!! Wow, 25 seems soooo long ago! I'm not drinking today, either.
                      Living life to the fullest.

Comment

No al for me today. Drifty, you are lucky to be figuring this out so early on..........wish I had been that smart!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRIFTY!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great reason to stay sober today!!! Me too!!!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

This will be another sober day for me.......woke up this morning feeling so healthy, refreshed and happy that I have all these sober days under my belt and looking forward to more.

Comment

I got wasted last year on Christmas Eve, and this year WILL be different. I will not be drinking today or tonight. (Survived my birthday sober, so I know that I can and will survive Christmas sober)

Comment

Only 45 minutes left in this day, I think I can, I think I can........yeah, I can, and I will
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X