Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today.

Me Too!!

It's Christmas Day and I will not have any alcohol today. My first AF day in awhile but I know I can do it. I have a plan in place:

lots of L-Glut and 5HTP, eating right, listening to a hypnosis tape around 3:30 pm to relax me, and deep breathing when I feel uptight.
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

got some cravings on Christmas eve but I listened to some music and was ok after that. Today has been fine so far. Having a very nice Christmas here with no alcohol. Love not feeling sad and over emotional from drinking.

Comment

No drinking today

Merry Christmas! No drinking here, for sure. My big holiday drinking was always on Christmas Eve anyway, so Christmas was a day for recovery.

This afternoon I'm going to a movie by myself, which is no big deal to me. I heard from my daughter in the Navy,she's soon to be in Thailand. I've stopped feeling sorry for myself and feel grateful instead. It's nice!

Have a happy sober day!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! No drinking for me today.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Its Christmas day and I am not drinking, dont miss the bloated face, bloated stomach, bloated hands, severe headache, dry mouth, aches and pains and I am craving a drink bad.. All the family stuff is done and now its a lonenly night and that gets to me. Wishing everyone a AF day!

Comment

I am not drinking AL today either! I can sure related to the "bloated everything." Bloated droopy face and puffy sad, red eyes. Yikes. No more!!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

No drinking here, either. Was up at 4:30am and probably won't get to sleep until late with little ones+Christmas candy after dinner. Yikes!
                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I will not drink today, feels good to be AF for all this time! , I do not miss the bloated face, bloated feet, bloated stomach, ect... I do not miss the sever headache the next morning, the rapid heart beat, the very high blood pressure, the red pasty skin, the hot and cold flashes when I am trying to sleep. I do not miss the feeling of being lazy because the aches and pains in the joints and all over tell me to stay still. I dont miss the bright lights and having the TV on very low just because even my ear lobes hurt. Sooo glad that I am on my way to AF New Years Day! Wishing everyone a AF Day!

Comment

Way to go GUY!!! Ive been watching your progress, and to say the least I am very impressed........:goodjob:

Ill join Guy today, and just drink a bunch of NA beer.....cuz its tasting REALLY good today!!!
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. I'm exhausted from the holidaze, and have no desire to make it worse.

Looking forward to normalcy, whatever that is.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

None for me today - not going to compromise -- today is day 42 AF for me.

Comment

I'm not drinking today. Come Jan 1, my goal/plan is to put my kids first before me and hubby which includes grabbing a drink to make things less stressful but it ALWAYS turns out worse than anything. I exercise a couple days a week but will increase those days and when a craving hits, well I just have to put something in its place. AA may not be a bad thing. For New Years Eve, I bought a bottle of Martinelli's and will sip it with the kiddos. I'm so looking forward to having AL off my mind and out of my body.
                          Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because it will not help this cold that I have.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Nothing for me today!

Comment

I am not going to drink today. I have promised myself a sober holiday season.

I am also painting doors and walls. Drinking would be a serious detriment to the outcome. :-)

Cindi
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X