I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not drinking today. Donating blood and I don't think they'll appreciate it filled with AL. :yuk:
    Living life to the fullest.

Comment

my plan is not to drink today. I'm going to haul out a jigsaw puzzle and start that this afternoon. And I have a knitting project to start as well. Idle hands are the devil's workshop!!!!
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

I am not going to drink today either!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Nope, not drinking here either today...
          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

I won't be drinking today either - learning to live life naturally.

Comment

I will not drink today, sinci I made a great meal and being full ofAL will not let me emjoy it., Plus its great not waking up trying to look back and fiqure out the stupi things I said or did. Dont want to have the bloated face, red nose, pasty and constantlly wiping sweat from my forehead. Wishing everyone an AL free Day!

Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!!! No AL for me today. Staying in on this cold, snowy windy day with some cocoa and sparkling cider for tonight. I'm actually going to try and stay up til midnight. Have a happy and safe New Year!!!
                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I'm not drinking tonight either. This will be the first AF New Year's Eve for me in 38 years. About time!
                  ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                  -----------------------------------
                  Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

I am not going to drink tonight. Tonight would be my 3rd anniversary of drinking if I was still drinking, but I am no longer drinking. I got my A&W cream soda and NA beer for tonight. NA beer isn't for everyone, but for me it works. I want to start 2012 hangover free.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

This will be my first AF NYE in the past 40ish years. And, yes, I'm old.:H

Comment

i won't be drinking to-day

Comment

There will be no drinking for me today either. This is my 4th consecutive sober NY Eve. And the 4th one ever in my adult life. I'm ready for 2012! Bring it on!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF New Years Eve

No drinking for me today. I did think of something interesting; I wanted to see if you guys could relate to it.

It seems that before when I was telling myself I was quitting drinking, if it was near a holiday or any typical drinking occasion I would think uh-oh-I'm probably going to want to drink then.
                            It was as if there was never a 100% conviction in my mind that I was absolutely quitting.
                            I have a feeling this type of thinking might be common.

Happy AF New Year!

Comment

Yeah I can relate. I lost one quit and then there was a baseball game a few days later. I was going back and forth, quit again and ended up doing the baseball game sober. I thought that it was finally my quit (it was 2009) and then poof I screwed that quit. This quit I know its the one, and unlike that one, I have the determination, and the knowledge to do it, and I truly feel that this is my final quit. I also made changes since then. Back then, I didn't tell my mom or family and kept it all online. I think that plays a huge play in my sobriety. I have too many people both online and offline rooting for me for me to screw it up and back then noone else knew, and it lead to me slipping so many times. The one time I told my mom back in those days, we were both drunk, and she has no memory of it.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ann, yes I definitely did what you described. I would immediately start making excuses in my mind why I couldn't quit at any given time - there was always a reason why it wasn't a good time.

Alison, isn't it weird to think about how our parents drank with us? So many things about drinking seem strange to me now that I didn't think a thing of at the time. No one in my life every warned me that alcohol could be a negative in any way. I think back about a guy I dated who was pretty bad news (transitional person after my divorce when I was certifiably nutty). It's crystal clear to me now that he was a raging alkie, but I didn't think anything about it back then................

Comment

Working...
                                X