I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann 221;1236141 wrote: No drinking for me today. I did think of something interesting; I wanted to see if you guys could relate to it.

It seems that before when I was telling myself I was quitting drinking, if it was near a holiday or any typical drinking occasion I would think uh-oh-I'm probably going to want to drink then.
    It was as if there was never a 100% conviction in my mind that I was absolutely quitting.
    I have a feeling this type of thinking might be common.

Happy AF New Year!
    I had a never ending supply of reasons to drink, and holidays were on that list for sure!

I am not drinking today. It is so fabulous to start the new year without a raging hangover!
    I even went to the gym this morning. That would have NEVER been possible in the old days.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yup, gonna ring in the New Year AF....................Oh yeahhhhhhhh
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I won't be drinking to-day

Comment

I'm struggling, but Hallaleuyah...I didn't drink today. May tomorrow be easier for me and anyBody else trying to better themselves.

Comment

Not drinking tonight, I didn't drink last night so why should I drink tonight? So no drinking here.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not drinking today. I'm going to try hard to stop for good. I know, one day at a time. I'm just going to try and put the thought out of my mind. It's a battle that I will win.
              Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I will not drink today. I was poured a glass of wine last night and poured it right back into the bottle - no funnel, steady hands, eh. No booze for this broad for the foreseeable future.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Although typically I am not a quitter, I think in this case I may just have to make an exception.

I will not let the devil juice I now refer to as "poison" enter my body.......cuz I sort of care what goes into now.
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I am not going to drink today, because drinking leads to being an ass and hangovers.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I simply have to stop and today is the day.
                      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

None for me today!

Comment

I will not drink today! its been over a month since i stopped and still continue to get severe headaches and pains all over the body. I did my research and since I was drinking up to a gallon a day, The AL hangover symtoms can last for months after stopping. I dont want to feel like this ever again.

Comment

NOT TODAY

No drinks for me. I do have a colleague arriving from out of town this afternoon who wants to get together for "a drink". Since that is out of the realm of possibilty I will probably just see her in the office. She is accustomed to drinking with me for the last 10 years when we both started with our company.

SO...none for me today or any other day-thanks! There are other (braver?) people here she can go out with and drink. I say that because I am still terrified to drink-knowing what I know.

Also-jsut read some stats about the average # of years between starting drinking and getting help for it-about 20 years. LONGER than other addictions like cocaine etc.
                            Gee I wonder why!? Could it be because it's legal and so acceptable as part of our daily interactions? I think so. "Let's have a drink" Sure wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.

Comment

Nothing for me today. Its now 8:45pm where i am and the shop is closed. I made it, this day.
                              I need to learn to find ways of resolving my issues without using alcohol, it?s only a comfort and distraction for the moment, in the long run it only makes things worse.

One day at a time, slowly edging my way towards "week"

Comment

I am not going to drink today, because I deserve better than what AL does to me.
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X