I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann 221;1237248 wrote: No drinks for me. I do have a colleague arriving from out of town this afternoon who wants to get together for "a drink". Since that is out of the realm of possibilty I will probably just see her in the office. She is accustomed to drinking with me for the last 10 years when we both started with our company.

SO...none for me today or any other day-thanks! There are other (braver?) people here she can go out with and drink. I say that because I am still terrified to drink-knowing what I know.

Also-jsut read some stats about the average # of years between starting drinking and getting help for it-about 20 years. LONGER than other addictions like cocaine etc.
    Gee I wonder why!? Could it be because it's legal and so acceptable as part of our daily interactions? I think so. "Let's have a drink" Sure wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.
    That is VERY interesting, and I totally agree with you, that being a legal drug probably is the reason people dont seek help earlier. Thanks for the tidbit of info!!
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

No al for me today! Feeling way too good to compromise!

Comment

None for me today. I love my family more than AL. :h
        Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I will not drink today, I do not need a sever hangover, direhea all day, no appetite, pasty bloctchy clammy skin, yuck! Plus I will save close to $25.00 dollars , looking back what a big waste. I dont ever want to go back to drinking again!

Comment

None for me today - day 50 AF and feeling super.

Comment

A slight sickness but didnt drink ike I usually would

Wow the cravings almost kicked in today.. It went from the 65's to 70's her in N. Carolina to the low 20's tis morning, woke up with sore thorat, the usual would be some rum and sleep it off... I let that go and just sucked it up and felt the pain.

Comment

NC Guy, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I think many of us drink because we avoid pain, whether physical or emotional. And then we just feel worse.

Comment

[QUOTE=CS04;1238281
                  I think many of us drink because we avoid pain, whether physical or emotional. And then we just feel worse.
                  You are so right.

Comment

Not going to drink today, for the 3rd day straight. The fact that I feel more or less like I felt when I quit smoking is a very good reminder of why I?m not going to drink.
                    I need to learn to find ways of resolving my issues without using alcohol, it?s only a comfort and distraction for the moment, in the long run it only makes things worse.

One day at a time, slowly edging my way towards "week"

Comment

I wil not drink today due to I dont have to have a severe hangover the next day for drinking almost a gallon of rum. It feels good to wake up without the hangover.
                      Wishing everyone a AF day!

Comment

None for me today!

Comment

I am not going to drink today because there is nothing good that comes from it.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Drink? What's that? :H

No thanks.. none for me. Really starting to like the simplicity of not drinking.
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Past the witching hour and sipping on tea. Two days in a row. Had lunch with son at a Pub and had fish N chips with tea. He had a lovely looking beer with his meal. Good example eh... it's about time.
                              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I am not going to drink tomorrow because I don't drink anymore so there is no way of me drinking tomorrow. Today is an af day and I will continue that trend.
                                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X